How do you delete factory preset?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
whatisvalis

How do you delete factory preset?

Post by whatisvalis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:26 pm

I want to delete the factory (instrument/fx) presets, but I can't find where they are located on Windows + Live 9. How is this done? They don't seem to be in the factory pack folder.

Why can't you delete this stuff from the browser?

Sional

Re: How do you delete factory preset?

Post by Sional » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 am

On PC path is Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Data/Ableton/Live 9/Resources/Core Library/Devices/Instruments(or Audio or Midi Effects)/Analog(or another instrument)/Bass(or another subgroup) then delete to you hearts content.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:13 pm

I believe you will not be able to delete the factory content as I think it's set to read-only/protected? I could be wrong though....If you are running out of disk space, consider a) buying an external HDD of your choice of interface, b) look for a good image backup software (free or pay, your choice), image backup your disk, verify the backup, c) replace hdd with larger one and do restore. Drives are cheap enough nowadays.
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Sional

Post by Sional » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 am

You can definitely delete the factory content. You can also delete sections of factory packs if you so wish.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 pm

If so, why would you want to possibly compromise other content that may be tied to it in some way/form? To me factory content shouldn't be messed with for obvious reasons.
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Sional

Post by Sional » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm

What "obvious reasons"? Why not delete factory content which you have no intention of ever using? For example, the factory content includes a grand piano (200 MB of samples) and 9 Suite owners can download a grand piano live pack (1.4 GB of samples). If you have the live pack grand piano what need do you have for the factory content grand piano? Having items in your browser which you will never use is not particularly efficient in terms of both disc space and browser searching.

nennmichwieduwillst

Post by nennmichwieduwillst » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:17 pm

put it away if u dont need, or need space.
on mac: apps/live/rightclick/show package/contents...e.g. samples/loops or ...clips... lessons.... whatever....

lot of stuff i!!!!!!!!!! dont need, check out if u!!!!!!!!!! need it or not and than trash it or not.
the prob is, that evry afterpoint point point update will refill this folder and u have to do it again.
Peace. Freedom. Truth!

lectro

Post by lectro » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Sional wrote:What "obvious reasons"? Why not delete factory content which you have no intention of ever using? For example, the factory content includes a grand piano (200 MB of samples) and 9 Suite owners can download a grand piano live pack (1.4 GB of samples). If you have the live pack grand piano what need do you have for the factory content grand piano? Having items in your browser which you will never use is not particularly efficient in terms of both disc space and browser searching.
+1

I think it would be beneficial to all, if there was an option to not install the core library. :idea: For me it gets in the way. I like to create and use my own presets or settings. I am surprised Ableton have not thought of this.

wommom

Post by wommom » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:04 am

also +1

jon.orsi

Post by jon.orsi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:40 am

+1

It's frustrating to scroll through dozens and dozens of samples, presets, or clips which I will never use.