Happy with Live 9?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
agent314

Re: Happy with Live 9?

Post by agent314 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Blendton, I was just making a joke. I have no problem with you, and was just trying to be funny - I didn't even know who the person that 'he' was referring to was - I just thought it was a silly thing for laughs.

I like what you bring to the forum actually! You have a lot to say, and most of it is interesting, which is more than I can say for a lot of people here.

Sorry if it seemed like I was making fun or being mean - I was just trying to bring some lightness to the conversation.
I'm not surprised you took it that way though - there is a lot of negative energy on this forum, so you were right to assume it was meant badly, even though it wasn't.

No hard feelings :)

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 pm

agent314 wrote:Blendton, I was just making a joke. I have no problem with you, and was just trying to be funny - I didn't even know who the person that 'he' was referring to was - I just thought it was a silly thing for laughs.

I like what you bring to the forum actually! You have a lot to say, and most of it is interesting, which is more than I can say for a lot of people here.

Sorry if it seemed like I was making fun or being mean - I was just trying to bring some lightness to the conversation.
I'm not surprised you took it that way though - there is a lot of negative energy on this forum, so you were right to assume it was meant badly, even though it wasn't.

No hard feelings :)
Shame on me then dear mate :roll:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Ok so I posted earlier in this thread my worries for how slow Live was to start and people with faster machines were having the same problem and it was a buzzkill. Well I got my new Laptop and Live starts up very snappily :D

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm

:D awsome! congrats on the new laptop and the performance!

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

H20nly wrote::D awsome! congrats on the new laptop and the performance!
Thanks, I was kinda worried tbh but it opens and is ready to rock with a template that has Cthulu, a Grand Piano and Nepheton in 8 fricken seconds!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 pm

that's pretty 8)

how about some details on the lappy???

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:32 pm

the little boy who wants to be starvingstudent wrote:
I SHIT AND PISS.

crybo

Post by crybo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm

New to Ableton, got suite 9 in March, but I have no problems with live starting up. Been using Maschine for the past 3 years and found that slow to startup on my laptop. Recently bought a new desktop, has a 256 gb SSD, so no problems with Maschine or Live starting up now. Also put Omnisphere's library on it and patches now load almost instantly, before there could have been a 3-5 second wait.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:11 pm

starvingstudent wrote:
ikeaboy wrote:Ok so I posted earlier in this thread my worries for how slow Live was to start and people with faster machines were having the same problem and it was a buzzkill. Well I got my new Laptop and Live starts up very snappily :D
I WANNA TAKE A SHIT ON YOUR NEW LAPTOP AND PISS ON THE KEYBOARD.
That makes me very happy.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:23 pm

starvingstudent wrote:
I WANNA TAKE A SHIT ON YOUR NEW LAPTOP AND PISS ON THE KEYBOARD.
in many forums, this would be grounds for a ban.

mean, maybe this guy has PMS & will calm down some time, but this is getting boring and offensive. He has all the hallmarks of an troll / energy vampire / attention seeker. Can we just get him booted already?

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I suppose its another don't feed the troll situation

blarue09

Post by blarue09 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Yes. Live 9 is awesome! I have only one complaint: I am having issues with is having to select a folder any time I want to save or save as. It defaults to the desktop I believe, rather than my library or projects folder. Also, as soon as I load a set, it doesn't remember the file name, so it is treating the loaded set like a new set. This may not be a live 9 issue, because I did recently move my library to another hard drive so something may have screwed up in that process. All in all, I am really enjoying the new midi editing, max for live devices, EQ spectrum GUI, etc.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:21 am

H20nly wrote:that's pretty 8)

+1 :)

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 am

Sibanger wrote:
H20nly wrote:that's pretty 8)

+1 :)
I got a refurbished late 2012 rmbp 2.6ghz i7 with a 512 SSD and 8gigs of RAM. This is an upgrade from a 5 year old second hand mbp that i had for the last 3 years and I tell ya I'm like a pig in shit! I'm loving the new trackpad scrolling gestures and the display is gorgeous (only a matter of time before live gets optimised for it)

Also I have to go back on something I said earlier about the Live content being something I tend not to use. The new drum content is really very good, couple that with fast preview in the browser and any qualms I had about using content the world has access to goes out the window; theres simply too many quality options to worry about somebody spotting it as native content in a track. I think Nerve and RMV are going to start feeling neglected. Also the new midi editing tools are really good.

Ret Svilenov

Post by Ret Svilenov » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:21 am

Crashes constantly - email back and forwards with the suite 9.0.4! Elastic Player (last version) crashes with It! T Rack Deluxe crashes with It! I work with both 32bit and 64bit! They both crashed! Understandable for 32bit when you use more Ram over 4 gig (and you will if you have the full library for Ableton Suite 9.0.4 unless you are freezing tracks like you are in Siberia), but why 64bit version as well???

Anybody else experienced problems?

Thanks Ret