Maschine Expansions.....Also, why Jesus chose Maschine!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
delicioso

Re: Maschine Expansions.....Also, why Jesus chose Maschine!

Post by delicioso » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:06 am

The Pulswerk demo sounds really good.

There's also this third party expansion called Transistor Rhythm that I use a lot: http://www.surroundsfx.com/maschine.html#TR

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:28 am

Theo Void wrote:Ok. First off, I'm not a pre-setter(for lack of a better term) nor am I one of these people who string pre-made loops together and call myself a producer. I definitely use one shot drums from sample packs but I usually layer the shit out of them and filter and saturate them. I'm quite proficient on a few synths including Massive, Operator, Sylenth, Fm8, Elektra-x. I've become pretty good w/ various types of synthesis over the years.

So now that that's out of the way everyone can refrain from telling me that I should make my own, or I'm a phony loser because I own a loop library, or if I don't use a pure sine-wave and an envelope than I should kill myself, or Maschine is for bitches you should get a PUSH, etc.

Now, the only reason I'm even considering this is because I got a $30.00 e-voucher from NI and honestly, I think the sounds that come w/ Maschine are fucking brilliant! They literally blow Ableton sample libraries out of the water and are highly playable and tweakable. So, I'm just wondering which ones are some of your favorites. I've listened to all the demo's and so far I like Dark Pressure the best. Also, I'm mostly in it for the drums. So, if anyone can chime in and let me know what you think of any of these expansions it would help me out. Thanks!

P.S. Maschine is fucking AMAZING!!! and if you don't own one and use it regularly then you suck at producing and should probably go apply for a job at Long John Silvers.
I've never touched a PUSH but I'll tell you right now that Maschine makes it look like a nano pad controller. LOL.........(I still want one)
Well that's pretty hypocritical now isn't it?

Hehe - if my laptop could run Maschine standalone and Ableton together I'd probably have that setup but since it can't Push is awesome - especially with updates in the future and the stuff NativeKontrol will be doing in the future.

I don't want this to become a Push vs Maschine thread though so let's just stop before we start going back and forth.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 am

Me neither.
I will have a push too!!

It will be mine oh yes it will be mine

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:32 am

Theo Void wrote:Me neither.
I will have a push too!!

And when it's yours it'll either have gone through major updates or the NativeKontrol mod might be completed!

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:06 pm

aioffermann wrote:
Theo Void wrote:Me neither.
I will have a push too!!

And when it's yours it'll either have gone through major updates or the NativeKontrol mod might be completed!
Oh yeahh!!! Plus I'll never even have to look at my dreaded computer screen between PUSH and Maschine!!!

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Dark Pressure + Pulswerk are pretty cool, Vintage Heat also has some goodies in there...

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm

I think the Maschine library has lots of great sounds. However I haven't heard any demos from the expansion packs that sound remotely interesting. Usually just bland boring house/techno sounds.
Professional Shark Jumper.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:05 pm

16 samples per kit really is not very many at all. And half the fun of drums is building your own kits anyway(yep I said it), not playing the pre-packaged kits (and just 16 samples!) that literally everyone else is playing at the same time you are.

Anyway, can't this maschine jizz-fest be taken over to the NI forums??
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:54 pm

mholloway wrote:16 samples per kit really is not very many at all. And half the fun of drums is building your own kits anyway(yep I said it), not playing the pre-packaged kits (and just 16 samples!) that literally everyone else is playing at the same time you are.

Nope, because this is the forum I frequent and enjoy posting on so this is where I posted it.

No one is forcing anyone to look at threads!!!

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:36 pm

mholloway wrote:16 samples per kit really is not very many at all. And half the fun of drums is building your own kits anyway(yep I said it), not playing the pre-packaged kits (and just 16 samples!) that literally everyone else is playing at the same time you are.

There's been MUCH worse maschine jizz so I say let's let this one go. Maschine is dope. There I said it. Humnumb annoys the beejesuz out of me but Maschine is still dope. And this guy aint doing no humnumb shit so...

LET THERE BE THREAD!!

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 pm

aioffermann wrote:

There's been MUCH worse maschine jizz so I say let's let this one go. Maschine is dope. There I said it. Humnumb annoys the beejesuz out of me but Maschine is still dope. And this guy aint doing no humnumb shit so...

LET THERE BE THREAD!!
Thanks Bro-seph !!!!!!! Good Lookin out!!!

I promise you I ain't on no humnumb shit and I swear i am NOT trolling.
I <3 Maschine!!!! & I <3 PUSH equally !!!!!!

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Just saw this "Cloud Nine" expansion offer from NI in my inbox. You can get 9 Maschine expansions for $99/€99 in the next 99 hours, ending at 3 pm CET on Friday, May 17: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... loud-nine/

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

delicioso wrote:Just saw this "Cloud Nine" expansion offer from NI in my inbox. You can get 9 Maschine expansions for $99/€99 in the next 99 hours, ending at 3 pm CET on Friday, May 17: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... loud-nine/

I just saw that, but what if you already have some of the expansion packs? But I guess even if you do it’s not like they are normally $11 a piece. So it’s not like you are getting screwed if you already have a couple. You just aren’t getting the killer deal that people who don’t have any of them are getting.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Mon May 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Yes just got that in my e mail. I only bought one and I used my $30.00 NI thingie. I'm definitely doing it but I'd be pissed if I had bought a bunch for $50.00 each.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 pm

I already have 2 of the packs, but even then it’s like I’m getting the others for about $14 each. 8O

If I can also use my $25 voucher it will be like getting them for $11 each. 8O

It's pretty much a steal no matter how you look at it.