TOUCH SENSITIVE ENCODERS NOT working?

Discuss Push with other users.
masproduct

TOUCH SENSITIVE ENCODERS NOT working?

Post by masproduct » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 am

Push has arrived and everything is working fine except for the touch sensitive knobs which don't seem to work fully. There's no way to fully turn the knob from say 0-100, isted i'm lucky if the encoder goes from 0-50 :? when changing a parameter, either in the effects, volume or sends, unlike the swing amount encoder which works fine (albeit oversensitive). My question is i guess is this usual? or is this a faulty device or am i missing something?

SuburbanThug

Re: TOUCH SENSITIVE ENCODERS NOT working?

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 am

Doesn't sound good to me. I can usually go from 0-100 on a 3/4 turn I think. You tried shutting it down restarting your whole rig and all that? Unplug it, plug it back in, turn it on, turn it off?

badeshi

Post by badeshi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 pm

does it give different values depending on the device?

Is that a percentage or absolute value?

masproduct

Post by masproduct » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 am

Turned on and off dosnt fix the issue unfortunately, my best comparison is when I plug in my apc40 I can get a full
reading from 0 to full on Say a filter or wet/ dry ect. With push the values can start at say 50 and go to say 75 the other from 0 to 45 and so on, meaning I can't get a full filter sweep or a value of0 to 100 percent, unlike the videos on the ableton web pages.

I've tried different devices and those percentages and positions change depending on the device, the encoders seem to go to certain point then go backwards to the start. Anyways I read somewhere that it might take a little time for push and the touch sensitive ness to be broken in ill keep playing agggg

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 am

My encoders worked fine out of the box. I would contact Ableton.