(Bouncing Audio) HQ: From a Sound Module (w/ no SPDIF)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

(Bouncing Audio) HQ: From a Sound Module (w/ no SPDIF)

Post by junqueira » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 pm

I have a Korg Tr Rack and it does not have SPDIF. When I record drums on a MIDI track with it, then bounce to audio, it seems that I just can't get them to hit anywhere near some of my other drum samples. Is there something I'm doing that's not ensuring the highest quality audio bounce? Or is it that you lose some quality bouncing through analog? Is there an optimal volume for bouncing from sound module with analog (I do notice when I turn the volume up on the audio file, I hear a lot of noise)?

thanks!

anamexis

Re: (Bouncing Audio) HQ: From a Sound Module (w/ no SPDIF)

Post by anamexis » Wed May 01, 2013 12:17 am

The quality of the digital-analog conversion is entirely dependent on your audio interface.

Optimal volume/gain would be as high as possible without clipping starting from the audio source on.

I.e. turn up the Korg Tr as high as possible without clipping, then turn up the input volume on the audio interface as high as possible without clipping.

What audio interface are you using?

junqueira

Re: (Bouncing Audio) HQ: From a Sound Module (w/ no SPDIF)

Post by junqueira » Wed May 01, 2013 1:33 am

anamexis wrote:The quality of the digital-analog conversion is entirely dependent on your audio interface.

Optimal volume/gain would be as high as possible without clipping starting from the audio source on.

I.e. turn up the Korg Tr as high as possible without clipping, then turn up the input volume on the audio interface as high as possible without clipping.

What audio interface are you using?

I'm using Echo Mia Midi. I just got some monitors a couple months back and when I turn them on, I hear much noise. Could it be my audio interface?

Thanks for the response : )