PUSH........WHEN?????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sional

Re: PUSH........WHEN?????

Post by Sional » Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 am

nbinder wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.
Sorry, but I have to resurrect this thread. As written in the other thread, my expected shipping date increased from 4-6 to 6-8 weeks.

In which world is that transparent?

Transparency means that if you tell me initially that it will take 12-16 weeks, you either stick to that or at least
a) notify me that there will be a delay
b) give me a reason for the delay.

The number on my account page could as well be completely random. :evil:
+1 Exactly the same on my account and I ordered on 5th March!

SilverNeedle

Post by SilverNeedle » Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 am

surely they couldn't have changed anything hardware by the second batch?

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:No bodies gonna now if your selling them a first batch or second batch on Ebay, Might as well wait and see if theres a difference

of course if there is a big difference It'll just give me more of an excuse to fire bomb Ableton HQ!!!!

Just kidding but not really..... :mrgreen:
I don't think anyone will buy them on eBay of that have a crazy starting bid, but if it is reasonable then it will sell. Others maybe happy with the various shades of white, but I'm not since mine is the white/red, white/blue etc... Maybe, just maybe the second batch won't have that problem, but who knows. Since I'm able to use my Maschine Mk2 and other controllers I have, it's no biggie for me if I wait a while for another Push.

vonGardener

Post by vonGardener » Wed May 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Ableton_David wrote:If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.
I have ordered a month ago and it hasn’t changed status since then, here is a copy paste:

Pre-ordered Push
ships in 16 or more weeks
CHF 569
The pre-order price is guaranteed and your card will only be charged once the item ships.

Am i right to assume, that either there is no dynamical update or that it will take a lot longer than 16 wheeks for me to get the item?

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 pm

This is why I said fuck it and bought a Maschine Mk2. And i am SO HAPPY I did because I can't possibly imagine PUSH even coming close to the Maschine work-flow! It's a god-send. It's everything I've always wanted in a soft-ware hard-ware combination.

I still LOVE LIve and will probably end up getting a PUSH eventually, but for the forseeable future, I'm all about Maschine!!

Thank god PUSH was back-ordered for the next 6 months or I would have never experienced MAschine!

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:02 am

Theo Void wrote:This is why I said fuck it and bought a Maschine Mk2. And i am SO HAPPY I did because I can't possibly imagine PUSH even coming close to the Maschine work-flow! It's a god-send. It's everything I've always wanted in a soft-ware hard-ware combination.

I still LOVE LIve and will probably end up getting a PUSH eventually, but for the forseeable future, I'm all about Maschine!!

Thank god PUSH was back-ordered for the next 6 months or I would have never experienced MAschine!
I too bought a Maschine Mk2 and I spend more time learning/jamming with it than Push and Live 9. But, the reason for that is I'm still not that familiar with Live, but I'm learning at a snails pace.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Thu May 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Back on topic.

Could anybody from Ableton please comment on "transparency" vs. suddenly increasing the remaining weeks without further information/notification? :|

Ableton_David?

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu May 02, 2013 3:07 pm

nbinder wrote:Back on topic.

Could anybody from Ableton please comment on "transparency" vs. suddenly increasing the remaining weeks without further information/notification? :|

Ableton_David?
I think it's pretty obvious whats going on. They didn't anticipate the rush of buyers and they can't produce them fast enough. They're back ordered for at least the next 16 weeks and those units are already sold to pre-sale buyers on a first come first serve basis. So, depending on where you are in line you may not get this batch or the next batch but maybe the batch after that.

Ableton can't give you a definitive answer because they don't know where you stand in line either. Well, I'm sure it's documented somewhere but do you really think they're going to drop everything and check for YOU? Highly doubtful. They're busy and there are 1000's of other customers to sell things to NOW! You pre-ordered, your moneys in the bank already, why would they worry if you're satisfied? Plus, if you cancel your order you lose your place in line so thats extra insurance for them.

They have the upper hand in every way possible right now. All you can do is wait.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Thu May 02, 2013 3:13 pm

awesome, just received word my push is in town and out for delivery! I ordered through moogaudio here in canada, and their order got pushed back. I had been told 12 weeks, but then got word they were shipping out last week ;D

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 pm

All I can find is preorders and eBay phucksters. I'm gonna have to make my own virtual touchscreen one, which will prolly be five times better, but do I have to do everything myself?
Theo Void wrote:They didn't anticipate the rush of buyers and they can't produce them fast enough.
This always happens when the likes of OzWozEre, shadx312, Forge and us drop the viral neuro-marketing graphical bombs. Most of the time anyway; we learned a lot of lessons with the "Famous People Riding Segways Rocking Zunes" project.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu May 02, 2013 3:35 pm

lowshelf wrote:All I can find is preorders and eBay phucksters. I'm gonna have to make my own virtual touchscreen one, which will prolly be five times better, but do I have to do everything myself?
Theo Void wrote:They didn't anticipate the rush of buyers and they can't produce them fast enough.
This always happens when the likes of OzWozEre, shadx312, Forge and us drop the viral neuro-marketing graphical bombs. Most of the time anyway; we learned a lot of lessons with the "Famous People Riding Segways Rocking Zunes" project.
lol. Although I have zero clue what your talking about it still sounds pretty funny.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Thu May 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Theo Void wrote:I think it's pretty obvious whats going on. They didn't anticipate the rush of buyers and they can't produce them fast enough. They're back ordered for at least the next 16 weeks and those units are already sold to pre-sale buyers on a first come first serve basis. So, depending on where you are in line you may not get this batch or the next batch but maybe the batch after that.

Ableton can't give you a definitive answer because they don't know where you stand in line either. Well, I'm sure it's documented somewhere but do you really think they're going to drop everything and check for YOU? Highly doubtful. They're busy and there are 1000's of other customers to sell things to NOW! You pre-ordered, your moneys in the bank already, why would they worry if you're satisfied? Plus, if you cancel your order you lose your place in line so thats extra insurance for them.

They have the upper hand in every way possible right now. All you can do is wait.
I think you missed the point. This is neither a rant about the long time between ordering and getting the device, nor am I trying to find the reason myself. As already written, I do see that the demand was higher than expected.

What I am saying is that if they promise a transparent process, then a further delay should be announced and explained. Otherwise it is not transparent.

Btw.: They did not receive any money when we ordered... it will be charged when it is delivered.

Of course the only thing that we can do is wait. Nobody ever claimed anything else. I just posted my criticism on the process, which was announced to be transparent from the beginning to the end and is not.
Last edited by nbinder on Thu May 02, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Thu May 02, 2013 4:08 pm

oops, dbl posting. please delete this one.

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 pm

nbinder wrote:What I am saying is that if they promise a transparent process
I would like a transparent Push, that would look niiiice.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 pm

lowshelf wrote:
nbinder wrote:What I am saying is that if they promise a transparent process
I would like a transparent Push, that would look niiiice.
Sure? Maybe it's really ugly inside... :-P
You've just invented Push modding. :lol: