Push Cover / Stand

Discuss Push with other users.
#1thelark

Re: Push Cover / Stand

Post by #1thelark » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 pm

lyovino wrote: That's why I love it. "0" wobble, you can pound out beats and hit chords without any movement, it don't budge, truly..
Yeez, too bad you can't make dubstep with the push then... :lol:

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 pm

nice, might have to pick one up then

manutech

Post by manutech » Wed May 08, 2013 11:28 am

Wondering if this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Music-LEC ... iger+Music stand is suitable for push.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

it probably depends on how much banging your doing on it. I have a laptop stand like that I used to use for gigs. It was fine for holding up a laptop but with push weighing more than alot of laptops, plus hard presses on the buttons, those stands wont usually stay sturdy

My rolodex linked earlier should be coming in today, cant wait to give it a shot

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed May 08, 2013 3:11 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:it probably depends on how much banging your doing on it. I have a laptop stand like that I used to use for gigs. It was fine for holding up a laptop but with push weighing more than alot of laptops, plus hard presses on the buttons, those stands wont usually stay sturdy

My rolodex linked earlier should be coming in today, cant wait to give it a shot
I couldn't agree with you more… Anything without front support is going to jump and shake unless it's made of cast iron and who would want to carry that around. The Rolodex above is working out fantastically I think it was a great find. Good luck with your arrival please get back and let us know how you like it!
Last edited by lyovino on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

agent314

Post by agent314 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:05 pm

I've been using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RI ... UTF8&psc=1

Also took a bunch of fake-wood wedge-shims from Home Depot taped together to create a sort of big doorstop shape. Using two of those, I have been extremely happy with the angle and stability.

I had my APC40 on a laptop stand, but it was just too bouncy to be useful, and I can only imagine Push would be worse given how you play it

corporation

Post by corporation » Wed May 08, 2013 11:33 pm

ended up using some mopads for a slight angle.

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_ ... _mopad.asp

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm

lyovino wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:it probably depends on how much banging your doing on it. I have a laptop stand like that I used to use for gigs. It was fine for holding up a laptop but with push weighing more than alot of laptops, plus hard presses on the buttons, those stands wont usually stay sturdy

I couldn't agree with you more… Anything without front support is going to jump and shake unless it's made of cast iron and who would want to carry that around. The Rolodex above is working out fantastically I think it was a great find. Good luck with your arrival please get back and let us know how you like it!
So far really liking it. Didnt get to use it much till yesterday when I could spend an hour with push on there. It really does fit it perfectly.

I was doing mostly editing with kb/mouse so push was there more as a clip launcher/track selector/etc type of thing, but the angle was perfect for that. Way easier to see everything at that angle, probably a perfect angle for me for that stuff.

I didnt get to try too much playing on it, but it did seem sturdy enough, but going to have to get used to the angle for that or maybe drop it down a notch when using it for playing. Right now I just have it on the highest one so Ill have to try out the other settings to see how they work out. Also the little cable organizer is a nice plus, so if you got 3 cables going in to push it can keep them all out of the way for you, or at least make it easier to move around on the desk without getting tangled up.

All in all, for ~20$, couldnt really ask for a better stand. Not even sure if I would want Ableton's anyway once I realized the whole height adjustment thing. Being stuck at ableton's 1 preferred height could really suck if you like one for mixing type work and another for playing.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Fri May 10, 2013 3:40 pm

ezelkow1 wrote: So far really liking it. Didnt get to use it much till yesterday when I could spend an hour with push on there. It really does fit it perfectly.

I was doing mostly editing with kb/mouse so push was there more as a clip launcher/track selector/etc type of thing, but the angle was perfect for that. Way easier to see everything at that angle, probably a perfect angle for me for that stuff.

I didnt get to try too much playing on it, but it did seem sturdy enough, but going to have to get used to the angle for that or maybe drop it down a notch when using it for playing. Right now I just have it on the highest one so Ill have to try out the other settings to see how they work out. Also the little cable organizer is a nice plus, so if you got 3 cables going in to push it can keep them all out of the way for you, or at least make it easier to move around on the desk without getting tangled up.

All in all, for ~20$, couldnt really ask for a better stand. Not even sure if I would want Ableton's anyway once I realized the whole height adjustment thing. Being stuck at ableton's 1 preferred height could really suck if you like one for mixing type work and another for playing.
Thanks for getting back. I usually have it on the last lower notch and sometimes drop it flat, even then it has a nice angle to it.
What's nice is you have many hight options.. Good luck with it!
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

psychicfriend

Post by psychicfriend » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:26 pm

lyovino wrote:I've been using this and it is by far Great for your studio desk. (Made by Rolodex)
It has multipal degrees of height adjustment and you can sit on it, it don't budge.
With Push mounted on it, the stand is completely hidden. Excellent buy, and very pleased.
You can grab it at Amazon dirt cheap! .. http://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-82410-Lap ... odex+stand

Ordered... OK, lyovino, I'm countin' on you buddy!

LOL, the price is right too: the alternative was to buy a Maschine stand for $80 or whatever and mod it; this is 1/3 the price - so later on if a Push stand comes out I can buy that, use this baby for something else, and not feel bad about the earlier purchase.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 pm

psychicfriend,

I am still very satisfied with this stand. Unfortunately I had to return my Push and waiting for the replacement.
Currently, the stand is on my desktop with the LP on it for now. The only thing I have noticed about it is the top of the stand has footprints in it from the horizontal legs on the bottom of Push.
Actually that's good because it means even less chance of Push moving around. (Not that it did at all)

Please report back after you have it mounted. I'm interested how you like it..
At any rate, it's no big loss if you don't, considering the price of admission. Good luck!
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 pm

yup still lovin mine here too. I took your advice and dropped it down a level for playing, that one notch down from the highest angle seems to me to be the best compromise of seeing the screen and playability

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Besides being sturdy, the hight adjustments make it a pleasure depending on what you're doing and how you feel in the moment.
Almost like it was made for Push with your preferences..
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:22 pm

i think i'm gonna try one of those too. one thing i noticed is that it looks like the Push's rubber feet are too wide to actually sit on the stand. did you add extra feet or do you have the plastic base of the Push sitting on the metal?