Remote, near-realtime collaboration?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
neuronaut

Remote, near-realtime collaboration?

Post by neuronaut » Sat May 04, 2013 1:40 am

Is there a way to share a session in Ableton?

I'm guessing it's not part of Live 9's core-functionality still, but what about:
- via Max for Live?
- sharing via Mac's Remote Control or a 3rd party app?
- hosting a session via Cubase's new real-time vst?

I want to compose a track from scratch with one or more other remote composers. Ideally, we would be able to perform in near-realtime via the networked session. The next step would be to transmit via a streaming service so folks could tune in.

Any/all insight is greatly appreciated!

Peace
The world is sound.

3dot...

Re: Remote, near-realtime collaboration?

Post by 3dot... » Sat May 04, 2013 6:52 am

the ones I know of..

http://www.cockos.com/ninjam/

https://www.ohmforce.com/OhmStudio.do

http://ejamming.com/learn-more/

aside from that.. google hangouts + dropbox

neuronaut

Post by neuronaut » Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Thx! Downloading OhmStudio now...
The world is sound.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 pm

OhmStudio is also subscription-based so it costs monthly/yearly on top of the software. I was looking at in when it was in Beta last year but hardly messed with it so I dumped the beta. It looks interesting and wish Live had that ability (or even sharing other than SoundCloud back in it).

I can't justify paying monthly for collaboration, it's called create a track(s), share it with friends to add more tracks to it or onto existing one and ship it back, or dropbox, skydrive or googledrive if they can be shared (link to location of file(s) like Dropbox).

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

neuronaut

Post by neuronaut » Tue May 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Yeah, I didn't get very far with OHMForce. It wouldn't verify my account. Looks nice, but if I can't even log in without bugs, I'm done!

The last thing the folks I work with and myself need is another buggy workflow that crashes all the time. I'm trying to inspire, not deflate with resistance. :roll:

At this point, I'm designing my own process via Max for Live using a few secret killer ideas I have that will make it rock! 8)

Any Max for Live gurus want to help?
The world is sound.

ddr400

Post by ddr400 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:30 am

Hi!

We are using combination with Apple Remote and Nicecast for sending audio over internet. Sometimes it works perfectly sometimes my friend got problems with Remote Control and mouse control (i think it's a network problems). Dropbox for sharing projects. The schema isn't very comfortable but it's better than nothing.

There such solution from ohm but they still don't have normal file browser so it's unusable for us. Waiting for bitwig with their features "LAN multi-user jamming" and "Multi-user music production over the internet". :)

be tonal

Post by be tonal » Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 am

I mniss VsTunnel, was such a great tool.

Someone should develop sth similar, imo there´s a serious market for a product like this.

dedmunds

Post by dedmunds » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 am

It's been a couple of years but I'm on the hunt for this now. Currently using TeamViewer to control sessions on collaborators sessions and syncing those sessions via splice. Would love an even quicker solution though.

mots

Post by mots » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Would it be a good time to revive this post ? :)

i had a jam with reaper and some friends with ninjam tonight, frankly this so fun, i dream Ableton Live would include ninjam functionality.
Cockos obviously released some update relevant to online jamming in the last fews days to make it easier and more relevant for eletronic oriented producers.

It would be so cool to this see ninjam integration appear in Ableton live as a surprise update. one can dream right ?

Ableton, you made local collaborative music a breeze with Link, for sure one of the most relevant improvement in music production tech of the decade.

Keep it up :)

Paul G Griffiths

Post by Paul G Griffiths » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:43 pm

Griffiths Engines: http://griffithsengines.com - ArcturusDrive©