FEATURE REQ: Back / Forward Buttons in Browser / State Saves

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
sphiralstudios

FEATURE REQ: Back / Forward Buttons in Browser / State Saves

Post by sphiralstudios » Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 am

Please forgive if this has already been suggested (don't know how it couldn't have been but didn't see during my cursory skimming of the Wishlist unless it is worded differently)

How many times have you wanted to get right back to the place you were a second ago in the Browser? A simple back button (which of course begets a forward button) would be so much more convenient than having to start back at the category level and work your way back down to where you were a split second ago. If this means browser state saves, could it even be possible to have one for each track? So when you go back to a track, you go back to the browser place you were when you were last working on that track. This would also be a way to implement the Save Browser State with Set requests I've seen on this forum.

This would be a tremendous improvement on the 'new and improved' browser imo.

cheers

swingsetcommittee

Re: FEATURE REQ: Back / Forward Buttons in Browser / State Saves

Post by swingsetcommittee » Wed May 17, 2017 12:59 am

I Second this. I often find myself browsing and loading multiple sounds into a drum rack, only to realize midway through that i'd like to put an effect on the rack. But there's no quick way to search for a new effect and the go right back to where I left off browsing. A back and forward button would achieve this. You know, like what they have on every other browser for web, files, etc.,. Please?

mpc183

Re: FEATURE REQ: Back / Forward Buttons in Browser / State Saves

Post by mpc183 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Me too! Definitely needs back button.
Along with Normalise audio in session view (not just with consolidate_
And Sysex dumping to and from Ableton clips etc... like every other DAW since pre history! Thanks!