Novation without automap

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

Novation without automap

Post by re:dream » Wed May 15, 2013 6:34 am

Can I use a Novation controller (e.g. Nocturne ) without automap? In the past I have had issues with automap, but I can't find another small DJ controller with crossfader ...

And the staff at my local music hardware store tell me straight out that they don't have a clue :)

Not_Elba

Re: Novation without automap

Post by Not_Elba » Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 am

I have a Novation SL MKII an don`t use automap (anymore). Roman Sharov did a script for Ableton that works excactly the way I like.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192290

It doesn`t work with Nocturn, but you`re not forced to use Automap with Ableton.
You can either midimap your knobs and "faders on the fly" in Ableton after choosing the controller script for the Nocturn that comes with Ableton (Options->Preferences->MIDI/Sync->Control Surface->Nocturn), or just use the standard settings of this script, or write your own controller scripts.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed May 15, 2013 11:43 am

Awesomeness. Thank you.

Zenek

Post by Zenek » Wed May 15, 2013 6:41 pm

That script is great, anybody knows something like this one but for use with plugins?? Recently my Reaktor version with Automap crashes every time...

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 am

I needed to install Automap to install driver but I disabled auto startup as it has annoying issue and Bonjour.