Push pre-ordered on the 7th February and we are 3 months ...

Discuss Push with other users.
isham

Push pre-ordered on the 7th February and we are 3 months ...

Post by isham » Mon May 06, 2013 4:58 am

Hello,
Please don't take this message for a rant, just a constation , what is killing me is to see many people who have ordered it weeks later and playing with since a month or so... :roll:

It is far from the right customer oriented and fair distribution approach (I'm working in a customer oriented company and it is a basic, first in first out). :cry:

It is clear some channels were not handled fairly with FIFO simple principle.

Some distribution processes corrections are required to avoid this in the future I guess ...
For the records: ordered in a quite big US shop and they receive only few pieces, they were told next batch is for June ...
Hope this flag will help a bit
All the best

shpongled

Re: Push pre-ordered on the 7th February and we are 3 months ...

Post by shpongled » Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 am

Agreed.
And this whole availability thing is a bit ridiculous.

Can we get an update on the delivery of the next batch in June please? Still happening? And delivered to all retailers?

Not an unreasonable request to be kept updated?

isham

Post by isham » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Of course there are many reasons this happened:
- more demand than expected
- first experience in being the owner of a hardware world wide item
- some other factors we don't know (quality issues in the building chain ? Parts shortages ? Human resources factors ? External parts sourcers problems ?)
It reminds me the second iPhone launch -;) more than 16 weeks delay in some areas...now ableton has to improve its communication and reorient a bit their fulfillment strategy/ allocation key because it is a major risk ... :idea:

RobertX

Post by RobertX » Thu May 09, 2013 12:36 am

Of course Ableton could come out and actually say what in the FUCK is going on, but per their modus operandi over the past few years they don't say shit.

We understand that shit happens — it's OK — a little honesty generates good will and goes a long way.

Say something!

CF3

Post by CF3 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:01 am

I am SOOOO glad I didn't pre-order. Just checked my account. I have the PUSH in my cart and it says 12 - 16 weeks 8O Looks like no PUSH until mid-late summer at least. Ableton I love you, but you totally shrimped the PUSH release.

jstyles88k

Post by jstyles88k » Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 am

I totally agree. I love Ableton but im thinking about cancelling my order. The excitement is wearing off for me now especially after getting the NativeKontrol Push emulation patch for the APC40.
You get step seq, drum rack seq, velocity and scale features and it came as s free upgrade. I cant believe they didnt reasonably gauge the high demand for these units. I know Ill jump on the wagon
when the price comes down.
cheers all!

isham

Post by isham » Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 am

At least a better communication is required not only to end customers but to distributors/sellers (because they received only "next batch in June" message, without quantity or other statement about delay root causes).

Now ableton should offer something to waiting customers who were not aware about this delay when pre ordering to express a bit their interest in this story (but most important is communication and then a little present as for example the push cover for a special price ...or a voucher to use on their online shop), in my industry this is common practice and it is crazy it is not happening in the music hardware industry, it is the way to stand out from competition !

:?

CF3

Post by CF3 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:25 pm

jstyles88k wrote: The excitement is wearing off for me now especially after getting the NativeKontrol Push emulation patch for the APC40.
You get step seq, drum rack seq, velocity and scale features and it came as s free upgrade.
NativeKontrol is highly recommended. Been using it for a few years now and it's incredible. Ableton should of hired Stray (guy behind NativeKontrol) to do the programming on the Push.

illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 pm

+1 on the nativekontrol presets. They completely curbed my desire for the Push, although when his script comes out for that I may buy. In the meantime, I am having a blast with the APC40 script. It has much more functionality than the Push, like a device lock. On the Push you can't even change a device parameter on a return track and mute a track at the same time.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 pm

APC is a great machine but for me there is no comparing. It's apples and oranges..
Push is in it's embryo stage and in all due fairness, you have to give it some space to grow and it will for sure.
Cut Ableton some slack, I'm sure you will see some kick-ass updates that will bring Push into a must have device. (Not that it isn't already.)
Sorry, I just can't compare them.. (scrips or what ever.)
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:27 pm

illsub1 wrote:+1 on the nativekontrol presets. They completely curbed my desire for the Push, although when his script comes out for that I may buy. In the meantime, I am having a blast with the APC40 script. It has much more functionality than the Push, like a device lock. On the Push you can't even change a device parameter on a return track and mute a track at the same time.
Right click the device you want to lock to the Push controller. Now those parameters stay focused now matter which other track you're manipulating.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Mon May 20, 2013 3:22 pm

For some reason I'm not seeing the Push emulation?

http://www.nativekontrol.com/apC_Series.html