Ultimate Mixer

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
COSM

Re: Ultimate Mixer

Post by COSM » Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 am

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear (I'm still getting my head round things).

I was trying to figure out how to change the I/O settings for a track using live.object - kevin pointed out to me on facebook that I had overlooked current_output_routing

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sat May 04, 2013 11:19 am

Yep, that's a great API improvement !
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

kevinkripper

Post by kevinkripper » Fri May 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Turn On/Off devices from Ultimate Mixer! New feature for v1.1!

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Fri May 17, 2013 5:14 pm

just an idea: since it's not possible to view/edit the FX via the mixer, it could be an idea to display the eight macro knobs from the first group for editing. you could map your important controls to this macro group then...

kevinkripper

Post by kevinkripper » Fri May 17, 2013 6:23 pm

mr.ergonomics wrote:just an idea: since it's not possible to view/edit the FX via the mixer, it could be an idea to display the eight macro knobs from the first group for editing. you could map your important controls to this macro group then...

:idea:

That could be done but at least not in v1.1. I'm focusing in reducing cpu consumption keeping all the features (+ this new one) and in find a formula to get the exact dB value from Live. :)

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Sat May 18, 2013 10:52 am

kevinkripper wrote: That could be done but at least not in v1.1. I'm focusing in reducing cpu consumption keeping all the features (+ this new one) and in find a formula to get the exact dB value from Live. :)
keep it up Kevin!
Also if you could implement a way to open the Plugin FX or focus on that plugin when click to the mixer FX I think it's a killer feature!

I'm so excited for this new update :twisted:

kevinkripper

Post by kevinkripper » Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

mauronedj wrote:
kevinkripper wrote: That could be done but at least not in v1.1. I'm focusing in reducing cpu consumption keeping all the features (+ this new one) and in find a formula to get the exact dB value from Live. :)
keep it up Kevin!
Also if you could implement a way to open the Plugin FX or focus on that plugin when click to the mixer FX I think it's a killer feature!

I'm so excited for this new update :twisted:
Well, finally some time to answer!

Creating a device to 'open' a plugin Fx/Instrument (or several) can be done! I'm able to get all names and values of the devices per track to control them but obviously, the device won't look the same as the one I'm controlling, that is, you will only see knobs to which you can select a parameter to control. I don't like that much so I'm trying to figure out a way to implement this in a better way, so, as soon as I find it, be sure I will add this feature!

Anyway, some good news is that I've made a great advance (not kidding) with Live's dB formula! :D

In the mean time, why don't you take a look to the improvements I've made to Synnack's Clip Loop Monitor: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... op-monitor

Cheers!

piZMo

Post by piZMo » Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm

anyone checked out the mixer from gamma devices yet?

http://www.gamma-devices.blogspot.co.uk ... mixer.html

kevinkripper

Post by kevinkripper » Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 pm

piZMo wrote:anyone checked out the mixer from gamma devices yet?

Nope, but I don't like what I've seen in the video: check the 40% of cpu consumption with only 4 tracks, too little space for return tracks, only 8 sends/returns available, the meters don't have the same color as Lives, EQ section is unnecessary (at least, I rather use my Waves or Live's native EQ instead of a M4L EQ). The only thing I would say "I like" is the transport control, but I use my shortcuts with my keyboard ;)

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 am

piZMo wrote:anyone checked out the mixer from gamma devices yet?

It's not kind to post a competitor developer's device to this post!

Anyway I don't like this because, other than the GUI, it's integrated only with him plugins!

piZMo

Post by piZMo » Thu May 23, 2013 3:39 pm

mauronedj wrote:It's not kind to post a competitor developer's device to this post!
This is an open discussion forum. Had this thread been in the for sale forum then i would not have posted a competitors device. Besides competition is good as it usually raises the standard.

IMO none of the M4L mixer options, ultimate mixer, eraser mice, or gamma devices quite fit the bill of being a perfect floating ableton live mixer window yet. i agree with most of the criticisms against each. i am waiting to see where my money goes in this one.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm

What would fit the bill in your opinion??

Cheers
D

piZMo

Post by piZMo » Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm

from what i have read, as i said i have not bought any of the options and so do not have first hand user experience, of those three options i like the ultimate mixer approach but the fact the levels do not correlate with lives own mixer and you can not open devices from the mixer channels (and i think i understand why this is difficult to achieve, especially with lives own devices) is where i see room for improvement, along with CPU resource management, of course this has already been discussed, and i know that kevin is working on it. if the ultimate mixer had this functionality i think it would be the device to have. tbh though at the moment i can happily work with live as is true dual monitors would be nice.

snaper909

Post by snaper909 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:03 am

When I saw Ultimate Mixer at the the first time, I thought : one of our products is not necessary anymore ...

...but now, I have to say a big thank you to Kevin, cause his work inspirates us to improve our.

kevinkripper

Post by kevinkripper » Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 am

piZMo wrote:
mauronedj wrote:It's not kind to post a competitor developer's device to this post!
This is an open discussion forum. Had this thread been in the for sale forum then i would not have posted a competitors device. Besides competition is good as it usually raises the standard.

IMO none of the M4L mixer options, ultimate mixer, eraser mice, or gamma devices quite fit the bill of being a perfect floating ableton live mixer window yet. i agree with most of the criticisms against each. i am waiting to see where my money goes in this one.
It's ok don't worry! I like to think that any device should speak for itself. I can post, advertise or say incredible things about a device but it doesn't change what the device really is (basically the story of the first macintosh :wink: )