The Ableton Users Committee

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
amo

Post by amo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:43 pm

amo says(I love this style !, sorry, no harm intended)

There have been lots of discutions already about this forum and pro/cons about moderators, sensors, order and whatsoever. From the abletons themselves, we had some very clever and open minded answers, things like let everybody express himself in his own way and let people be educated by experience and sharing, instead of pushing rules that would exclude a lot of people for many different reasons....
And as Adam pointed out, this forum is already well monitored and well listened to by Ableton. Just look at the history of the software. That is history.

Regards,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:49 pm

MithHeelor:

Spelling - I figure folks will take you more seriously if you didn't misspell every-other word. It makes your disillusioned ideas that much more silly.

What if the ideas everyone agreed upon didn't match your ideas? Would you still insist - in skanky, broken English - everyone else on this forum is wrong.

For example, perhaps, that the forums work fine, are well organized, and the Abletons have done a great job fulfilling the wishes of its customers.

Stop trying to rally the folks on this forum to agree with your personal issues with Ableton (like ending the Ab's support of the OS 10), in a weakly veiled attempt to make it sound like we should "organize" into 3 or 4 topics that, conveniently, are your suggestions.... weak.

That's "W-E-A-K" - not week, weke, weik, etc.

Have a nice day. :)
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

ashley_k

Post by ashley_k » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:03 pm

I read it as committed instead of committee and for moment I thought they were coming to take me away, to a secure location!

… another focussed and useful post from me then.

jamesp

Post by jamesp » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:24 pm

Lurk more, psot less! :)

And let's hear those Impressive Tones, mythic!!!

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:37 pm

Myth Healer, I want to help you emancipate yourself, read this now!

"Easy guide to become a populist despot"

1- Warn the population that the world is about to collapse and that we must bring order.
Myth Healer: "We are in a maze of confusion, we need to organise ourselves".

2- Support your paranoia with a few punchy (even if totally irrelevant) statistics
Myth Healer: "1,000 posts are going in 1,000 directions"

3- Give the masses some simple, yet vague orders to look like the guy with a solution.
Myth Healer: "Write clearly! Answer other's posts clearly! Be ordered!"

4- When you actually realise no one buys your bullshit, size power by force.

5- If there is too much resistance, hide in your secret bunker and kill yourself.

Isn't that a nice roadmap for ya Myth Healer? :wink:
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

ernene

Post by ernene » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:40 pm

AdamJay wrote:hmmm
there's a bugs & problems section of the forum for bugs & problems. The Abes check that occasionally and also ask that if you have a bug or problem to email them directly.

there is also a feature wishlist section of the forum for users to request new features for future updates.

i think the infrastructure is in place already.

and the abes read and monitor those 2 sections of the forum more than you may think they do.
Sorry Mr. Myth Healer, but what AJ says is correct... we arleary have an organization, even if sometimes we mix everything... but you do have a place where to post bugs and probs, discuss them with us and the abes... Also the wishlist section is usefull... and if you want to test Live, give us a Set and some of us will test it, and give you some feedback for sure... we are here to share, learn, enjoy...
And sorry if this forum is so perfectly imperfect, but it's composed by human beings who make mistakes, play music, have soul and heart, get ungry, have fun... well, persons with music and Ableton live in common...

And that's the way we all like it... even when someone comes to try to organizate something that already is... in a weird sence, but it is... maybe you should spend more time reading in the forum, living it, feeling it and sooner or later you gonna love it like it is... and use the structure as it is... you know: found a bug: write it on the right place, and so on...

No offence, sorry for my english... and stop with all this and lets go back to share some experiences, music, sets, ideas or whatever! :wink:

Cheers

G.

Poster

Re: Gee dude

Post by Poster » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:01 pm

Myth Healer wrote:your opinion
it's pretty obvious from his "ressponcce" to me-- and the fact that the sly sarcasm of anonymouse went zipping blithely over his head--

Myth Healer
Not over my head... I did comment on it, but it was overlooked in the edit of the post.

why you so puffy about this? 8O
hey man, this is OFF topic..
do I have to dissregard you now?
you see how this goes?
It's called an internet forum..
topics change on the fly..
is that a bad thing? no...
this is how real world discussions go as well..

it was a noble try, but don't bother..
what you try to change ain't gonna work in a million lightyears..

Myth Healer

You people know how to get off topic...

Post by Myth Healer » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:55 am

And slam the ideas of others.. nothing impressive to me. 8)

Poster

Re: You people know how to get off topic...

Post by Poster » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:48 am

Myth Healer wrote:And slam the ideas of others.. nothing impressive to me. 8)
whatever dude.. what ever... 8)
you obviously have alot of spare time..
go save some whales.. :wink:

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:16 am

Hey Myth Healer

I hear Cakewalk Project 5 is looking for a software project manager and a forum controller/moderator.

And no Mac users to fuel your paranoid, insecure inferiority complex!

(Apologies to the decent Live Pee Cee owners... may we live in peace... it's just a box.)

jtpack

Post by jtpack » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:21 am

I'm one of the "type that like to critisize the genius" of the Mith Heeler.
Windows XP, Live 5.2, Pro Tools LE 7.1cs7, Reason 3.0.4, M-Audio Delta 410, MBOX, Synthmaker

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:36 am

hambone1 wrote:Hey Myth Healer

I hear Cakewalk Project 5 is looking for a software project manager and a forum controller/moderator.

And no Mac users to fuel your paranoid, insecure inferiority complex!

(Apologies to the decent Live Pee Cee owners... may we live in peace... it's just a box.)

OHHHHH NO !!!!!!
For the love of God.
Do not inflict that pseudo intellectual fukwad on the Project5 forum :? .
(No Offence to Lord Fukwad of Shrek fame is meant BTW)
The SONAR forum hell yeah. :lol:
They're a placid bunch in the P5 forum who deserve to be left alone.
There are more than a few Live users in P5 forum just let them be. :wink:
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

Machinesworking

Re: its intentional...

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:08 am

Myth Healer wrote:Well, the one's who are worthy of their posission should not feel any ill will about my post. It will set the wanna be arrogant persons who blame the genius for all the problems. The one who gets really angry is ussually the least skilled. The genius knows who he is. It is possible he is the onlooker who has been fired several months or years ago.
It is both wanna be, and arrogant, to state or imply that your own ideas or person is of genius caliber. Real intellectuals don't bother with that kind of narcissistic crap.
BTW OSX has a built in feature 'check spelling as you type", anything you write is checked for poor spelling, maybe you need a mac? :wink:

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:22 am

anonymouse wrote:Myth, I am just being practical. Your notion of regularising these forums is about as realistic as teaching a cloud of midges to land at Heathrow.

Your objective should be to learn how to use the freedom of forum to garner support for your ideas or bug fixes; not to control it.

Thus far, I can't help reading your posts without hearing the calmly menacing voice of Hal. :)
this is some really funny shit!

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:20 am

when people argue ....it makes me cry........