cmd-L = Cycle mode ON....what about OFF ?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
erikomic

cmd-L = Cycle mode ON....what about OFF ?

Post by erikomic » Tue May 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Okay Here's one I've been wondering for a very long time.

In arrangement view Cmd-L = Loop (cycle mode on)
But not OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(still haven't found the reason so far so I had to map it to the keyboard...)

That's my feature wishlist of the day :mrgreen:

cjhoffmn

Re: cmd-L = Cycle mode ON....what about OFF ?

Post by cjhoffmn » Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Here Here! I agree!

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Mon May 27, 2013 4:24 am

Thats not actually what cmnd+L does. It is 'select loop' . U can justkeymap the 'l' key to 'arrangement loop' and save in ur template.

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Mon May 27, 2013 6:59 am

duplicate
Last edited by erikomic on Mon May 27, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Mon May 27, 2013 7:02 am

erikomic wrote:
Michael Hatsis wrote:Thats not actually what cmnd+L does. It is 'select loop' . U can justkeymap the 'l' key to 'arrangement loop' and save in ur template.
No it's cmd-shift-L to select loop (on mac, I don't know about PC)
Cmd-L is cycling the selected loop (more like cycling selection), but doesn't toggle "out of cycle".

That's what I did for the "L"and the template.
If Ableton doesn't let us change Shortcuts on our own, they could at least do something reasonable for the existing ones...

Cmd-L is a one way option. They switched cmd-f (follow arrangement) to cmd-shift-f. Cmd-alt-B open the browser but doesn't erase last search query so you cannot browse... Cmd-F does open the search engine...but doesn't close it... All those messy shorcuts are getting in the way of a proper workflow. And I'm sure there are some yet to be found...
Soon my keyboard will be full of keymaps... :lol:

(And the keymap doesn't let you map modifiers... :( )
+ Lot of laptop user just don't have access to the Num keypad > so every grid toggle actions are really hard to do intuitively. They should make a proper shortcut editor.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Mon May 27, 2013 9:25 pm

erikomic wrote:
erikomic wrote:
Michael Hatsis wrote:Thats not actually what cmnd+L does. It is 'select loop' . U can justkeymap the 'l' key to 'arrangement loop' and save in ur template.
No it's cmd-shift-L to select loop (on mac, I don't know about PC)
Cmd-L is cycling the selected loop (more like cycling selection), but doesn't toggle "out of cycle".

That's what I did for the "L"and the template.
If Ableton doesn't let us change Shortcuts on our own, they could at least do something reasonable for the existing ones...

Cmd-L is a one way option. They switched cmd-f (follow arrangement) to cmd-shift-f. Cmd-alt-B open the browser but doesn't erase last search query so you cannot browse... Cmd-F does open the search engine...but doesn't close it... All those messy shorcuts are getting in the way of a proper workflow. And I'm sure there are some yet to be found...
Soon my keyboard will be full of keymaps... :lol:

(And the keymap doesn't let you map modifiers... :( )
+ Lot of laptop user just don't have access to the Num keypad > so every grid toggle actions are really hard to do intuitively. They should make a proper shortcut editor.

Sorry about that- yes CMND+L is to loop selection- wrote it quickly.
what I'm getting at is for that specific example, it doesnt make sense for CMND+L to simply turn off Arrangement loop.

basically it's 'user definable key' to turn arrange loop on and the same 'user definable key' to turn arrange loop off...

as for all of the other things you mentioned, that's a differenet topic all together. Im still on Live 8 though.

Mike

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Michael Hatsis wrote:it doesnt make sense for CMND+L to simply turn off Arrangement loop.

cmd-L= cycle ON
why not OFF ? cycle OFF > that's what I'm missing everyday. So I had to make a keyboard shortcut.

MMMhhh, walking in circles here...

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Tue May 28, 2013 9:44 pm

erikomic wrote:
Michael Hatsis wrote:it doesnt make sense for CMND+L to simply turn off Arrangement loop.

cmd-L= cycle ON
why not OFF ? cycle OFF > that's what I'm missing everyday. So I had to make a keyboard shortcut.

MMMhhh, walking in circles here...
again, CMND + L is loop selection - not cycle on - cycle on/off is triggered by a key of your choice...thats why you feel your walking in circles because the logic you presented is flawed
You make a key shortcut cause thats how Live works :D

just set cycle on off to 'l' and be done w it. way easier than hitting 2 keys? No?

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Wed May 29, 2013 6:33 am

Michael Hatsis wrote: way easier than hitting 2 keys? No?
Ahahah, the never ending topic :lol:

Right, it's what I did I put the shortcut to "L"
But the original cmd-L does ajust the "Loop section brackets" (in the scrub zone) to the actual selection AND turn the "cycle mode" ON.

SO my original post was "WHY DOESN't IT TURN IT OFF when applying again "(toggle state)

If you use your keyboard for generating midi notes and that you already have plenty of shortcuts > the use of modifier like SHIFT-ALT-CMD... would be more than welcome in a (non-existent) shortcut editor.

Ahaha. Cheers Hatsis. You're about as stubborn as I am. :wink: