PUSH........WHEN?????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SuburbanThug

Re: PUSH........WHEN?????

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue May 14, 2013 2:41 am

Hardly anyone in the UK makes decent electronic music so Ableton decided you guys would get yours last.

crybo

Post by crybo » Tue May 14, 2013 12:10 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:Hardly anyone in the UK makes decent electronic music so Ableton decided you guys would get yours last.
Lol, however we do make make amazing IDM.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I guess if you consider Richard D. James to be "incredible IDM." :lol: Ok. I'm done trolling. We do have a couple decent people here in America though.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Tue May 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Okay, got another mail: Apparently there have been issues. :?

I suggested to pass the information directly to all the waiting customers without having them asking one by one, but maybe it's just me and all the others don't care anyway.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue May 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Oooh. Don't tease! What issues? I mean other than the ones we are already aware of...

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:Oooh. Don't tease! What issues? I mean other than the ones we are already aware of...
Don't know, but I guess more information would not help either... can be anything from strike to technical problems or problems with a supplier - whatever.

My frustation came from this "oh we silently changed your shipping date to later, maybe you won't notice" attitude.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue May 14, 2013 5:23 pm

nbinder wrote:
SuburbanThug wrote:Oooh. Don't tease! What issues? I mean other than the ones we are already aware of...
Don't know, but I guess more information would not help either... can be anything from strike to technical problems or problems with a supplier - whatever.

My frustation came from this "oh we silently changed your shipping date to later, maybe you won't notice" attitude.
I feel your pain. I've dealt with that from Guitar Center in the past and it's wildly frustrating. By the time I got my product much of my enthusiasm had worn off. That can be a good thing though.

amere

Post by amere » Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 pm

The straight skinny from Guitar Center is week of 6/21.

I cashed in on their 15% off sale (CODE: MEMDAY) and saved about $100. They also don't charge you until it ships. Ordered yesterday and called today to confirm charge on my card was just Pre-Authorization. They said it was and while Push is obviously in high demand they said Ableton has been solid with them about a 6/21 date. Many coming early actually around 5/28 but mine and I assume MOST OF OURS will be on the 6/28 bus to Guitar Center HQ.

So 4 weeks. Ableton site still shows 8-12 weeks.

Not sure if this helps anyone. Saving $100 n' all. Musiciansfriend.com has the same deal. set for 6/28 ship date tho.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Heh. Be careful with Guitar Center. If they were "sold out" when you ordered from them it may mean that they have sold out the pre-orders. I got mine a long time before everyone else but I wasn't in the first string of pre-orders.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon May 27, 2013 5:59 pm

amere wrote:Musiciansfriend.com has the same deal. set for 6/28 ship date tho.
thx for the heads up! cancelled my amazon order for this. they told me same ship date

(Guitar Center incl sales tax here)

shpongled

Post by shpongled » Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 am

nbinder wrote:

Agreed but after this amount of time think there really is an obligation to an explanation. I heard the "issues" were Akai are building for some other (larger) customer and hence Ableton fulfillment got delayed. Even so, somebody must have a schedule - surely?

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Tue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi,

I rang Digital Village las week and was told that given the back orders, I may possibly get one for Xmas / New Year.

What the F*ck!!!

This is farcical 8O
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 pm

shpongled wrote:Agreed but after this amount of time think there really is an obligation to an explanation. I heard the "issues" were Akai are building for some other (larger) customer and hence Ableton fulfillment got delayed. Even so, somebody must have a schedule - surely?
You're absolutely right. Some more details would be great even if knowing them does not change the shipping date. But maybe providing this information is not possible due to their contract... who knows. I tried my best to find out what went wrong there and put even more effort in making them understand that we really want to know what's going on without having to ask all the time.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Tue May 28, 2013 10:52 pm

wildcon wrote:Hi,

I rang Digital Village las week and was told that given the back orders, I may possibly get one for Xmas / New Year.

What the F*ck!!!

This is farcical 8O
Not a big surprise considering how long we have been waiting.
Yes, it's longer than the preorder to shipping for us, but I would have been more surprised if you had been told that you would get one in July/August.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 pm

In NW England my local shops say 14th June and 25th June.