Let's get some unrestricted midi in and out of m4l devices!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
toscanini

Re: Let's get some unrestricted midi in and out of m4l devices!

Post by toscanini » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:25 am

Did you manage to contact Leigh? First time I heard of lh_midi objects I was still using my old computer, he was so helpful and made a version for Powerbook retroactively, there must be a reason if he hasn't made an updated version yet..

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 am

Meanwhile, check out the library that Stray wrote. It works on Windows too.

http://beatwise.proboards.com/index.cgi ... 394&page=1

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 pm

I think Stray's route is the way to go.

toscanini

Post by toscanini » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Yes thank you for the advice, in a first attempt I didn't manage to have Stray's objects working, the folder names that are supposed to receive the components aren't exactly as in the description, for example I don't have a /Library/Java/Extensions folder to receive the .jar and .jnilib components. Should I create it?

In my present specific case I might just set for the send receive solution. But nevertheless that's one of those weird things with Ableton: how come you can send MIDI to an audio track that hosts a VST but not to an audio track that hosts a Max Audio FX?

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 pm

I don't know I haven't tried it but I would contact Stray directly through the Native Kontrol message board. He's very good about following up.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:59 pm

toscanini wrote:Yes thank you for the advice, in a first attempt I didn't manage to have Stray's objects working, the folder names that are supposed to receive the components aren't exactly as in the description, for example I don't have a /Library/Java/Extensions folder to receive the .jar and .jnilib components. Should I create it?

In my present specific case I might just set for the send receive solution. But nevertheless that's one of those weird things with Ableton: how come you can send MIDI to an audio track that hosts a VST but not to an audio track that hosts a Max Audio FX?
With these objects you can. You can embed it in any patch.

Are you on a recent version of OSX? Because those hide the library.
In the Finder menu hold ALT while selecting the GO menu, the library will appear.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi Leighhunt.
Any plan on porting these objects to 64 bit?
Cheers
Jul

leighhunt

Post by leighhunt » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:Hi Leighhunt.
Any plan on porting these objects to 64 bit?
Cheers
Jul
Hi there - I've been away a while.
I might get on to making a 64bit version, but I doubt it will happen before the year's end. I'm not using Live much these days.
Also, the last version netted me a sum total of £50 in donations for +-2000 downloads and 30+ hours of learning / work.... I can only do so much charity work in my life unfortunately.
I'll post here if things change and my will to program returns! (or someone makes me an offer I can't refuse)
regards,
Leigh

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi Leigh,
Nice to see you back !
I can't, unfortunately, make you an offer you can't refuse :evil:
Actually, I thought you've made those externals because you needed them. And then, only after, you've realized that they could be interesting for other people.
So, if you don't need to run Live in 64 bit, I completely understand why you didn't port them.
BTW, I've never noticed any donation facilities on your website. I'd be very please to give you some dusty coins if you tell me how; you can't imagine how primordial lh_midi is for my workflow.
Cheers
J.