Livecontrol 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ikeaboy

Re: Livecontrol 2

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:36 pm

scorp wrote:
squelcht wrote:
scorp wrote:I experience delay when scrolling through tracks in clip view and modulate view (scrolling through tracks to select devices). When I press arrow a couple of times tracks will scroll eventually but the delay is significant (even on adhoc).

Anybody experience this?
Your experiencing this because your most likely using the Lemur Damon WIFI MIDI. If you were to use something like the iConnect MIDI interface box then your latency or "lag" will diminish I'm sure. Needless to say the Lemur Damon WIFI MIDI is still working superb in comparison to creating a adhoc wireless network MIDI connection (which IMO is a pain in the fkn ass & unstable as FUCK)

People seriously listen here. Stop asking so many questions & just get the damn app. It's fucking sweet & will blow both your mind & PUSH out of the water. Your all electronic "artists" right? Then follow the first rule of conduct & EXPERIMENT.
Thanx
Blows Push out of the water? come on now. I'm not a Push owner but you must be talking crazy.

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if you can lock the effects macros like you can on touchable?? 8)

drez

Post by drez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:50 pm

ikeaboy wrote:
squelcht wrote: People seriously listen here. Stop asking so many questions & just get the damn app. It's fucking sweet & will blow both your mind & PUSH out of the water. Your all electronic "artists" right? Then follow the first rule of conduct & EXPERIMENT.

Blows Push out of the water? come on now. I'm not a Push owner but you must be talking crazy.
I agree, it doesn't blow Push out of the water, IMO. It definitely does things that you can't do in Push, but it also doesn't do things that you CAN do in Push, like you can't program drums in the sequencer at the same time you play the 4x4 velocity sensitive pad grid like Push can. The isomorphoic keyboard layout isn't as nice as Push and, again, no velocity sensitivity. But with LC2, I can easily change the velocity of all the notes or individual notes by drawing with my finger. Can't do that with push. I have the "magic floating balls" that control parameters that can be random, or I can program and morph between those presets at different rates. Push can't do that. Lots of differences between the two.

They seem to really compliment each other. I already own an iPad, so I bought Lemur instantly when it came out anyway. Why would I not pay $50 on top of that to have a very nice touch interface into anything I want to control via TouchOSC? Does it mean I don't want a Push? Absolutely not. l will use both side by side.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:29 am

Shit man adhoc networks are very flakey with ios6 hey?

Looking forward to iConnect4 Midi product to be released

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:34 am

Bit of a long shot this, but can anyone help? When I'm at my friends house, I can connect via WiFi and the Lemur daemon without any problems, but with my own network at home the iPad lemur doesn't show up and I need to set up an adhoc network. The problem is obviously with my network, but I don't know how I would go about diagnosing what the problem is or fixing it. I'm on a BT Broadband network, and my friend uses Sky. Any ideas what I could try? (Apart from changing to Sky obviously!)

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 am

The Northern Contingent wrote:Bit of a long shot this, but can anyone help? When I'm at my friends house, I can connect via WiFi and the Lemur daemon without any problems, but with my own network at home the iPad lemur doesn't show up and I need to set up an adhoc network. The problem is obviously with my network, but I don't know how I would go about diagnosing what the problem is or fixing it. I'm on a BT Broadband network, and my friend uses Sky. Any ideas what I could try? (Apart from changing to Sky obviously!)
which ISP you have makes no difference, it's your local network that you are trying to connect through.

what is your network set up?

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:48 am

Hi fishmonkey - thanks for the response. I am going to show my utter IT ignorance here, but as far as I can tell I have a normal home WiFi network setup. I have the BT Broadband box plugged into the phoneline, and this is what my computer connects to to get onto the internet. Internet works fine, no problems browsing etc. As far as I am aware its a standard WiFi network - I'm using a MacBook Pro late 2011 model to connect up.

I'm sorry I'm not more help - is there a way I could check for further technical specs? I've seen people 'tapping into' their network box by typing in a number before into their browser, for example, but wouldn't know how to do this without guidance (or indeed what I would be looking for once 'in there').

mikewallmusic

Post by mikewallmusic » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Glad to hear this is solid for some of you. I think it will be great but I'm experiencing instability at this point. Just trying to use the mixer/launch/transport for now as I'm getting ready for a couple of gigs. Funkiness includes:
Send toggle on/off not working consistently
Track names and clip names sometimes show, sometimes don't.
App just closes by itself sometimes.
Touching the track headers (any of them) intermittently just folds/unfolds the one group in my live set. This is also the action that often causes the app to close. I see (from help) that it indeed is supposed to fold/unfold groups but clearly some commands are getting crossed up.
I configured everything as directed in the LC2 Setup guide.
At this point I'm operating over wifi, not even ad hoc, so maybe that's it. I'll try ad hoc. I intend to get an iConnect device soon.
By contrast, TouchAble is working fine on this same network (with some shortcomings that I found but at this point I'm just using the mixer and launch controls and they seem quite solid).
I was hoping to leave my Push behind on a flight to a gig but at this point it's doing what I need quite well. Having an app allows me to do many things quickly using the Push for certain unique things and the iPad for others. I also use MIDI from my POD HD500 to control some looping, dry control for my microphone, etc. Still learning and experimenting...
Note that I've been using Push and Touchable simultaneously with no problems, but for grins I tried disabling everything else in MIDI preferences but things are still flaky.
I should also mention that I've not used Lemur much at all yet, but have done basic testing with faders, etc., and things seemed solid.
I'm really new to Live, Lemur, etc., so I may be doing something wrong. I do have a lot of DAW experience (Nuendo, etc) and quite a bit of experience with the PC and all.
If anyone sees similar behavior and finds a fix/suggestion please let me know.
I have:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a fast quad core i7
RME FF UCX
Live 9.0.4 64-bit
Push
iPad with OS 6.1.3

Thanks,
Mike

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:49 am

The Northern Contingent wrote:Hi fishmonkey - thanks for the response. I am going to show my utter IT ignorance here, but as far as I can tell I have a normal home WiFi network setup. I have the BT Broadband box plugged into the phoneline, and this is what my computer connects to to get onto the internet. Internet works fine, no problems browsing etc. As far as I am aware its a standard WiFi network - I'm using a MacBook Pro late 2011 model to connect up.

I'm sorry I'm not more help - is there a way I could check for further technical specs? I've seen people 'tapping into' their network box by typing in a number before into their browser, for example, but wouldn't know how to do this without guidance (or indeed what I would be looking for once 'in there').
at home, do both your MBP and iPad connect the internet (the outside world) okay?

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:24 am

Yes - both connect quickly and have a reliable connection (no drop outs etc).

ST8

Post by ST8 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 am

mikewallmusic wrote:Glad to hear this is solid for some of you. I think it will be great but I'm experiencing instability at this point. Just trying to use the mixer/launch/transport for now as I'm getting ready for a couple of gigs. Funkiness includes:
Send toggle on/off not working consistently
Track names and clip names sometimes show, sometimes don't.
App just closes by itself sometimes.
Touching the track headers (any of them) intermittently just folds/unfolds the one group in my live set. This is also the action that often causes the app to close. I see (from help) that it indeed is supposed to fold/unfold groups but clearly some commands are getting crossed up.
I configured everything as directed in the LC2 Setup guide.
At this point I'm operating over wifi, not even ad hoc, so maybe that's it. I'll try ad hoc. I intend to get an iConnect device soon.
By contrast, TouchAble is working fine on this same network (with some shortcomings that I found but at this point I'm just using the mixer and launch controls and they seem quite solid).
I was hoping to leave my Push behind on a flight to a gig but at this point it's doing what I need quite well. Having an app allows me to do many things quickly using the Push for certain unique things and the iPad for others. I also use MIDI from my POD HD500 to control some looping, dry control for my microphone, etc. Still learning and experimenting...
Note that I've been using Push and Touchable simultaneously with no problems, but for grins I tried disabling everything else in MIDI preferences but things are still flaky.
I should also mention that I've not used Lemur much at all yet, but have done basic testing with faders, etc., and things seemed solid.
I'm really new to Live, Lemur, etc., so I may be doing something wrong. I do have a lot of DAW experience (Nuendo, etc) and quite a bit of experience with the PC and all.
If anyone sees similar behavior and finds a fix/suggestion please let me know.
I have:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a fast quad core i7
RME FF UCX
Live 9.0.4 64-bit
Push
iPad with OS 6.1.3

Thanks,
Mike
Try adhoc instead, livecontrol sends a lot of data, might be dropping data. If you're still experiencing problems get in touch with liines support team

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Make a adhoc network with a fixed ipad dress of 10.0.0.1 for the MacBook and 10.0.0.2 for the iPad

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Well, I think an adhoc network is the way forward for me. Wifi is just too flaky and as yet I haven't had any problems adhoc. Weird problem though - wonder why Wifi works ok on a different network?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:35 am

The Northern Contingent wrote:Well, I think an adhoc network is the way forward for me. Wifi is just too flaky and as yet I haven't had any problems adhoc. Weird problem though - wonder why Wifi works ok on a different network?
can your computer see the iPad on the network, e.g. from iTunes?

in the end an ad hoc network is usually better, because then the wifi connection is more or less restricted to the computer and iPad. if you go through your wifi router then other activity on the network increase the likelihood of flakiness.

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 am

fishmonkey wrote:
The Northern Contingent wrote:Well, I think an adhoc network is the way forward for me. Wifi is just too flaky and as yet I haven't had any problems adhoc. Weird problem though - wonder why Wifi works ok on a different network?
can your computer see the iPad on the network, e.g. from iTunes?

in the end an ad hoc network is usually better, because then the wifi connection is more or less restricted to the computer and iPad. if you go through your wifi router then other activity on the network increase the likelihood of flakiness.
Now you mention it wireless transfer through iTunes is touch and go as well. Oh well, never mind - thanks for all your help!