Can't drag and drop presets to audio channel

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Lee-James

Can't drag and drop presets to audio channel

Post by Lee-James » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

It was working perfectly in the past but now all of a sudden Ableton will not allow me to drag an Audio Effect preset such as EQ Three and drop it on the audio channel (I get the no-smoking/no entry sign)?

It WILL allow me to drag and drop a sub-folder preset such as Boost HiHats.adv but not the top level/parent folder!

What has gone wrong?

Very confused, please help.

Thanks,

L

Logic8807

Re: Can't drag and drop presets to audio channel

Post by Logic8807 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Make sure you have the actual TRACK selected and not a clip box. Click the TRACK TITLE BAR first.
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.

Lee-James

Post by Lee-James » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So I'm in arrangement view. I click the track title bar several times, the track highlights in yellow, I can see the waveform at the bottom of the window, I go to audio effect presets, click EQ Three and try to drag again and nothing. I also clicked on Track Name several times which opens the corresponding effects panel at the bottom w/"Drop Audio Effects Here". Tried dragging there also and still nothing.

What am I looking for when you say clip box? Just to be sure I'm doing nothing wrong with that...

Thanks

Logic8807

Post by Logic8807 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:26 am

In the Session View, each box in a track is an individual set of sound or midi info...referred to as a clip.
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.