Isotonikstudios.com Modular Series Updated for LIVE 9!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
S4racen

Re: Isotonikstudios.com presents the Modular Series

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm

jrathkopf wrote:Follow 3.0.1 does not work for me no matter what I try. Read the manual, it's not helping me trouble shoot at all.

Anyone have similar problem and figure out what to do? I'm on Mac, 10.6.8, most recent Ableton Live and Max For Live installed.

Thanks....
Can you contact me through the website and i'll do my best to troubleshoot it, you need to have Max4Live 5.1.9 as your editor rather than max 6, the device must be the first device on the track i've discovered with a user yesterday....

I'd also set up your template with as many follows as you want and then save your set, close it and reopen, this will initialise everything on the correct settings...

The final point is on cropping clips, ableton needs this otherwise it doesn't see the end of the clip as being the clip end point...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:02 pm

madlab wrote:These look impressive. Are the devices locked ? Certainly not to hack your work but because I'd like to understand the way they are built to imporve my max skills !!!
They're completely unlocked, all are frozen but totally editable, we thought people might want to build into the devices routing matrixs for different controllers and the like so there was no point (and we dont like the thought anyway) of making the patches automatically close when a subscriber tries to edit them.....

We're always interested though in what modifications people want to make, some of the time it's quicker for us to do it and if it improves the device we'll upload the new one to all the subscribers, therefore everyone benefits!

Cheers
D

madlab

Post by madlab » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm

S4racen wrote:
They're completely unlocked, all are frozen but totally editable, we thought people might want to build into the devices routing matrixs for different controllers and the like so there was no point (and we dont like the thought anyway) of making the patches automatically close when a subscriber tries to edit them.....

We're always interested though in what modifications people want to make, some of the time it's quicker for us to do it and if it improves the device we'll upload the new one to all the subscribers, therefore everyone benefits!

Cheers
D
I really like this state of mind !!! Sold to me...
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 pm

:D :D

We've met so many cool people through doing it, yes i know we charge for our stuff and others give it away for free but we've put in thousands of hours and are always helping people with their own set ups..... Was gonna give up before Christmas but things are looking better now, would love it to be a full time job but the day job is a little hard to give up lol...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed May 30, 2012 9:34 pm

FInal devices for the Modular Series, these bring track looping and loop rolls that can be adjusted on the fly....

Roller allows you to set Loop Rolls like Serato, but you can also then move the loop forwards or backwards and reduce the end point to give that characteristic CDJ reduce the loop to a whine effect....

The looper on the other hand does what it says on the buttons, midi map away and add the kind of looping control that Abletons crying out for on every audio track that you drop a device on....

Both part of the updated Modular Series now available to download for all subscribers!

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Now added our dicer device to the download....

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Now Live 9 is out heres our first fully Live 9 devices...

Dicer and Looper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vGsm-G ... e=youtu.be

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Follow now has individual Midi Mapping control for each Follow Action type....

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Roller's even tighter now.... And you can even get those CDJ whiny noises out of it by adjusting the loop roll start and end....

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm

After two years we've finally solved the problem of being able to use Looper 3.1.4 and Follow 3.0.8 with uncropped audio clips... Speeds up the workflow no end!!

This pair of modular devices gives you the ability to split whole clips into sections and use them in Session View...

The Follow device can then trigger a new clip at the current clips end whilst the Looper device gives #Serato style on the fly looping with five user defined loop lengths and a simple dial control as an alternative to setting loops.... The floating window to indicate the loop size to be set can be made to always float on top and can be resized to suit!

Both devices are available as part of our Modular Series...

http://isotonikstudios.com/modular_max4live/

Existing subscribers can download them now!!

S4racen

Re: Isotonikstudios.com Modular Series Updated for LIVE 9!

Post by S4racen » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Updated our popular SMART Device...

With 8 banks of Smart Graphs, and 8 Smart graphs per bank this device gives an unprecedented amount of control over parameters in your Ableton set...

The percentage box sets the zoom control of the individual floating windows, these float on top of Ableton and allow you to draw Smart graphs whilst monitoring their impact on the parameters they control at the same time...

You can set a break point by clicking, remove it by Shift clicking...

Move to highlight between two breakpoints with the section control, then move the Curve control to bend the line between into a nice curve....

Want to map the same graph to multiple parameters then use the copy and paste functions...

And you can even have fine control with the quantization option, set it at 100% to have the breakpoints set to whole values, reduce it to have finer control....

The top two percentage boxes set the range of the parameter control just like the Midi Mapping capability within Ableton when you set ranges...

This device forms part of the modular series at www.isotonikstudios.com and is available for download for all subscribers now!!

All future feature requests happily received, manual and video coming soon!

www.facebook.com/IsotonikStudios

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Added to the Modular Series two new devices...

First up is Looper EightTrack which gives looping control over eight tracks from one device and comes with a simple floating window and loop size dial for visual control wherever you are in your set....

When a clip has a loop set the corresponding button lights and shows the loop length, when the playhead passes into the loop brace the button starts to flash to show that its looping...

The Loop Size dial can have minimum and maximum loop sizes set and can progress in beats, half bars or bars depending on the setting in the main gui....

In addition we've given 5 user definable one shot buttons that set loop sizes of any length determined by you, and the ability to halve double or move each set loop....

Our second Device is Roller!

Which gives Serato style Loop Rolls that can then be adjusted by moving the loop roll start or end point to give you that Pioneers CDJ Effect.....

Check out the review of some of our devices from Point Blanks resident Ableton expert Freddy Frogs!

http://www.pointblankonline.net/blog/fr ... k-modular/

Cheers
D

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 pm

nice to see your stuff on the Ableton home page!

killer WORK!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Cheers Juan, it's taken a lot of work!

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:12 pm

We;ve uploaded the first device manual for the new Live 9 devices, we'll be expanded the manual to cover all of the devices over the next week or so...

http://www.isotonikstudios.com/Manuals/ ... Manual.pdf

Cheers
D