has your life taken you where you thought it would?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
earthloop

has your life taken you where you thought it would?

Post by earthloop » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:14 pm

I have been thinking a lot about this lately...looking at where I have ended up in my life thus far. A long time ago I left home as a teenager and hit the hippy trail, hitching around Australia living from hand to mouth. Often I found myself hanging out on the streets with others like myself: just kids , sleeping rough, travelling from place to place with nothing but our dreams.

I was lucky in that I fell in with a very cool crowd of people, many older and experienced in the ways of the road. They had established group houses in the city or some had managed to buy land in the beautiful hinterland of the mid to north coast of Eastern Australia. There was one special area which I am happy to say seems to have remained much the same as I remember it from those days as I discovered when I came across this photo essay by a friend of mine. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing these images here, but they speak eloquently of the way I would have loved my life to have gone...and it still may end up like this (I and some friends are making some plans 8) )

This is so not like I look these days :lol:

So, without further ado... http://www.oculi.com.au/photographers/c ... /nimbin-2/

Theo Void

Re: has your life taken you where you thought it would?

Post by Theo Void » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:42 am

Nice pics!!

Stevejaz

Re: has your life taken you where you thought it would?

Post by Stevejaz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:05 am

Hell yeah!
I just knew when I was a kid recording songs by some group with the wierdest name ever, 'The Beatles', on a bakerlite open reel tape recorder off a bedside valve radio so I could learn to play them on my beat up old pawn shop acoustic guitar, that when I turned 60 I would be downloading Live9 and waiting for my new push to turn up.
And yes I was at Nimbin in 1974, and wilderland in NZ in 1972. ( Google it)