Push feature requests

Discuss Push with other users.
SuburbanThug

Re: Push feature requests

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 am

I better get using that thing before the beta ends then, if it hasn't already...

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 pm

It has ...

munizj08

Post by munizj08 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 am

16 pad mode like an mpc. this would take one specific drum sound from your rack and then just tune it up across the 16 drum pads.

dreho

Post by dreho » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 am

When using Push over USB without an external power supply the buttons are currently VERY difficult to read.

I for one would really love the ability to balance the total brightness between the pads and buttons via a simple crossfade function.

I can live with the pads being half as bright (or even less) as they are currently and give that power to the buttons so that we can read them.

Thanks

ZALTA19900

Post by ZALTA19900 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm

hat would be a live 9 feature request. Not likely something you will see as it would likely take a code overhaul.

neuromodulator

Post by neuromodulator » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:45 am

Right now, while looking at a drum rack, we have the option to move 16 notes at time (via the touch strip or octave buttons) or a single row at a time (via shift-touch strip or shift-octave buttons). I'd strongly prefer one of those 4 controls to move 12 notes/3 rows/1 octave (I'd prefer unmodified octave buttons be changed to this, but I'd be happy if shift-octave did this as well).

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:53 am

ezelkow1 wrote:Ability to switch the touch strip to modwheel. For any non-ableton instruments having modwheel accessible is basically a necessity so it would be nice to have the strip switchable between pitch and mod
+1

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:54 am

neuromodulator wrote:I'd like to have the velocity sensitivity de-coupled from aftertouch sensitivity. They need independent settings, IMO.
big +1

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:53 pm

i dont know if it is already posted .. but i wish me:

a MIdi Note Step Sequencer
a Midi Note Piano Roll editor. Maybe also Scaled.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

lufasz

Post by lufasz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Just got this thing. What a disappointment!

Step sequencer for notes! C'mon! Push is a joke without this.
Editor for notes!
Fixed note length!
Fixed note velocity!
These are all so basic! How could the Push team have missed these?

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:44 am

I would love a function to move clips up or down within their respective tracks. For example, holding the track selection button would move all clips up, holding the button beneath it (mute/solo) would move all clips down, all in a scrolling fashion. Not to be confused with scrolling from scene to scene. Actually moving clips about within the scenes.

panten

Post by panten » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:58 pm

@tedlogan great idea man. I would like a more thorough overhaul in how Push deals with selecting, copying, pasting etc.. Not just with clips in session view but also with drum rack slots.

You can currently hold duplicate and hit a clip and it will duplicate it into a slot below. I would prefer to be able to make a 2nd press to duplicate it to a specific slot.

Multiple selections can be made by holding select then press/hold one pad then another to make a ranged selection (similar to how you make ranged loop selection in drum rack mode).
Selecting/de-selecting should be a toggle of the state. If a clip is selected making a further selection will deselect.

I think some clever context based selection functions could be implemented so that it doesn't get all modifier heavy.
One more thing. If duplicate is pressed and released without any pads being pushed then it reverts to default duplicate functionality.

@lufasz
- There are already a few workarounds for step sequencing Instruments. Search the forum.
- Fixed Note length (can't argue with this)
- Fixed Note velocity (do you mean pressing Accent?)

You're disappointed? Maybe you could try this instead http://rninstruments.com/rn-9090/

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:18 am

panten wrote:@tedlogan great idea man. I would like a more thorough overhaul in how Push deals with selecting, copying, pasting etc.. Not just with clips in session view but also with drum rack slots.

You can currently hold duplicate and hit a clip and it will duplicate it into a slot below. I would prefer to be able to make a 2nd press to duplicate it to a specific slot.

Multiple selections can be made by holding select then press/hold one pad then another to make a ranged selection (similar to how you make ranged loop selection in drum rack mode).
Selecting/de-selecting should be a toggle of the state. If a clip is selected making a further selection will deselect.

I think some clever context based selection functions could be implemented so that it doesn't get all modifier heavy.
One more thing. If duplicate is pressed and released without any pads being pushed then it reverts to default duplicate functionality.

@lufasz
- There are already a few workarounds for step sequencing Instruments. Search the forum.
- Fixed Note length (can't argue with this)
- Fixed Note velocity (do you mean pressing Accent?)

You're disappointed? Maybe you could try this instead http://rninstruments.com/rn-9090/
Agreed - especially to be able to make a 2nd press to duplicate it to a specific slot. I'm erratic in my workflow and probably always will be, and I'm all over the place (in a focused way), so clips pop out out of nowhere, and I'd like to rearrange/move/copy them as I see fit.

Forgot to mention that I'm spoilt and that Push is a total motherfucker (the good kind).

panten

Post by panten » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 am

Agreed, it's the motherlode of a cunning loving fluffer.

Single best hardware purchase I've ever made, but it's certainly not perfect.