I feel duped by Daft Punks new album

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
nathannn

I feel duped by Daft Punks new album

Post by nathannn » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:24 am

I feel duped by Daft Punks new album and feel like I was part of a social engineering experiment.
Not only does That album suck and is the worst Daft Punk album ever it is a complete rip off of Justices last album which also sucked.
Everyone just needs to admit that we have been scammed by mass marketing.
Admit the album sucks and get on with our lives.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

LoopStationZebra

Re: I feel duped by Daft Punks new album

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:45 am

Who?

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:06 am

A). I quite like the new Daft Punk album, but admit there are some crap tracks and it doesn't resemble any of their past efforts.

B). There is no shortage of people being quite vocal on the internet that they feel it sucks for any variety of reasons. The fact that you ignored that view point cancels out all your righteous outrage.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:16 am

As a recommendation substitute

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=195087

:)

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 am

beats me wrote: B). There is no shortage of people being quite vocal on the internet that they feel it sucks for any variety of reasons. The fact that you ignored that view point cancels out all your righteous outrage.
THIS

Quiggers

Post by Quiggers » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Justice's second album was dire, daft punks album sounds quite like Aeroplanes ok'ish album, which was a big nod to 80's hair rock n spandex :|

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Quiggers wrote: daft punks album sounds quite like Aeroplanes ok'ish album, which was a big nod to 80's hair rock n spandex :|
Oh god no!!! I haven't bothered to listen to DP's new album but this just put me off bothering! 8O :P

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 am

None of those albums sucked. They're not what you expected, but by no means do they suck. This critical mentality is going too far; "should I spend $.99 on this app? Is it worth it!?" "I've read all the reviews and this movie only got 8/10. Should I still stream it on Netflix?" "This album doesn't sound like the previous one. Therefore, it sucks."

Calm the fuck down and stop being so elitist. You're not obtaining some nirvana state of tranquility by only going for 10/10 or making sure you don't spend 90 minutes watching a B movie. You're just making existence harder for yourself.

rozling

Post by rozling » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 am

It's a grower. Some tracks can be discarded. Some tracks will be around for a good while.

@earthloop make up your own mind!
None of those albums sucked. They're not what you expected, but by no means do they suck. This critical mentality is going too far; "should I spend $.99 on this app? Is it worth it!?" "I've read all the reviews and this movie only got 8/10. Should I still stream it on Netflix?" "This album doesn't sound like the previous one. Therefore, it sucks."

Calm the fuck down and stop being so elitist. You're not obtaining some nirvana state of tranquility by only going for 10/10 or making sure you don't spend 90 minutes watching a B movie. You're just making existence harder for yourself.
Insightful shit :)

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 am

Komodovaran wrote:None of those albums sucked. They're not what you expected, but by no means do they suck. This critical mentality is going too far; "should I spend $.99 on this app? Is it worth it!?" "I've read all the reviews and this movie only got 8/10. Should I still stream it on Netflix?" "This album doesn't sound like the previous one. Therefore, it sucks."

Not at all insightful because you missed the point.
The point is I feel duped by mass marketing and hype.

Also I consider an album to suck if it lacks tracks that evoke emotion other than boredom. This Daft punk album along with Justices last album both evoke boredom so yes they do suck.

And wtf else are you talking about "should i spend 99 cents on this should i stream that blurb" just because Im nitpicking an album doesnt mean im that fucking insanely critical of every decision in my life.

Thanks for the insight DR. Phil.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:51 am

nathannn wrote:Thanks for the insight DR. Phil.
No need to get all defensive pal. I didn't even mention names :P

But I can't possibly fathom how you can get duped with music, when everything has been freely available for streaming and previewing over and over and over. Don't you have ears? Do you really need other people to tell you if music sounds good, and whether you should listen to it or not?

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 am

nathannn wrote: Not at all insightful because you missed the point.
The point is I feel duped by mass marketing and hype
Bloody hell man, you shared all this with us because....?
Do you really expect anyone to care?
How old are you anyway? You actually still fall for mass marketing & hype? :twisted:
P.S. I seem to have cross posted with Komodoravan, but I agree with their sentiments.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

Komodovaran wrote:
nathannn wrote:Thanks for the insight DR. Phil.
No need to get all defensive pal. I didn't even mention names :P

But I can't possibly fathom how you can get duped with music, when everything has been freely available for streaming and previewing over and over and over. Don't you have ears? Do you really need other people to tell you if music sounds good, and whether you should listen to it or not?
Then you are not getting the concept of being scammed by mass, hyped, neuro linguistic programming/marketing.
I never said I bought the Album.. I didn't buy it, I feel duped for liking the first single until I listened to it twice. I liked it because of the hype surrounding the release of the album...'fuck yeah a new daftpunk album.. its been so long.. and they used real instruments.. this is going to be great!!!!'

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 am

artpunk wrote:
How old are you anyway? You actually still fall for mass marketing & hype? :twisted:
P.S. I seem to have cross posted with Komodoravan, but I agree with their sentiments.
No I dont expect anyone to care.. this was a half brained tongue in cheek post in the first place you ignorant shits
Why the fuck would I expect anyone to legitimately care about something so small?
Did everyone who joined this forum post 2010 forget to bring their common sense?

no computers or synths

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:06 am

nathannn wrote:
artpunk wrote:
No I dont expect anyone to care.. this was a half brained tongue in cheek post in the first place you ignorant shits
Why the fuck would I expect anyone to legitimately care about something so small?
Did everyone who joined this forum post 2010 forget to bring their common sense?
You're funny. You were right with the 'half-brained' bit. If you seriously think anyone cared or took any of this post seriously then you're the one who left your common sense at the door, along with any manners...you ignorant shit :wink:

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records