Crash in Live 9 swapping instruments in Drum Rack

Discuss Push with other users.
Koarm

Crash in Live 9 swapping instruments in Drum Rack

Post by Koarm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 am

Hi there!
Got my Push and since it's in studio I'm really feel in it.
So useful, great workflow and well done hardware structure. Setted up with my Maschine works great!
But I've this problem!
I use to trigger my drums and then change single instruments such as kicks, hats, claps etc.
But only issues. The same issue : when I swap single instruments Ableton chrashes every time!
I've tried to unistall Live Intro and it works the first time I reinstalled it. But after the second time crashes everytime I swap with other instruments.
Bit annoying this... I was working also with a friend that owns Suite 9. Same thing, same problem!
Is it a common bug?
Helps? Advices?

irrelevance

Re: Crash in Live 9 swapping instruments in Drum Rack

Post by irrelevance » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 am

I'll bump this thread as the OP already highlighted this problem that I've posted in my thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=193297

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Thu May 02, 2013 1:20 am

Does it crash even if you hot swap the drum rack for another drum rack?

This is a big part of my plan but Im just not there yet trying to work Push into my live set......

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 am

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:Does it crash even if you hot swap the drum rack for another drum rack?

This is a big part of my plan but Im just not there yet trying to work Push into my live set......
loading racks is not a problem just swapping samples within the racks from Push. however it can be done from Live of course and then Push will update when it re-selects the track.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu May 02, 2013 2:25 am

Hopefully you submitted a crash report...

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Thu May 02, 2013 2:52 am

SuburbanThug wrote:Hopefully you submitted a crash report...

Crash report and support request! As if they didn't have enough to deal with! :twisted:

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 am

Further to some contact with support the fault has gone by removing some IAC ports I had set up and also removing my other controller info from the midi prefs (nocturn, launchpad). It's not too big a deal at the moment as I don't have these in the studio at present but when they do arrive I hope they play nice with Push!

For the record I prefer browsing and loading samples from within Live as auditioning is more economic with button pushes and sample preview is much faster than Push as there is no load time.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Yeah swapping out drum sounds in a rack via Push crashes Live every time for me.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

karlfranz

Post by karlfranz » Mon May 06, 2013 3:36 am

I think that this might be related to what I'm experiencing and it makes me wonder if there might be a problem with drum racks and Push:

I group an instrument into a drum rack so that I can use the step sequencer in Push. A little while later, Live's transport control stops working. I press play and the play button becomes highlighted but the measure/beat counter does not move and pressing the stop button does not un-highlight the play button. All the other functions of Live seem to continue working for a while: I can switch between session and arrangement view and piano roll and device view, I can even modify MIDI events on the piano roll. But within a few minutes or if I try to close the Live Set or exit Live, the software aborts and a crash report is generated. I have managed to reproduce this over 10 times in a row. I have rebooted my Mac in between to make sure it was not in a weird state.

I've had this happen while using both Live 9.0.2 and 9.0.4b1.

Running on a 4-core MacPro with 12GB of RAM with OS X 10.8.4, BTW.

DemuFF

Post by DemuFF » Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi, I have this same problem ... is there any solution?

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

DemuFF wrote:Hi, I have this same problem ... is there any solution?

irrelevance wrote:Further to some contact with support the fault has gone by removing some IAC ports I had set up and also removing my other controller info from the midi prefs (nocturn, launchpad). It's not too big a deal at the moment as I don't have these in the studio at present but when they do arrive I hope they play nice with Push!

For the record I prefer browsing and loading samples from within Live as auditioning is more economic with button pushes and sample preview is much faster than Push as there is no load time.

arthur101

Post by arthur101 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am

i had the same problem loading samples into a drum rack direct from the push browser (9.04)

i removed all the other devices in the midi preferences and it seems to have cured it.

mrquizzo

Post by mrquizzo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:35 am

Having same problem. Solution?

Fugazi81

Post by Fugazi81 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 am

https://www.ableton.com/de/articles/liv ... ase-notes/

Removing other control surfaces (MIDI/SYNC Tab) should help. Also read posts obove.

Have fun!