Egypt

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
andydes

Egypt

Post by andydes » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Not sure what to make of this one.

Muslim brotherhood were democratically elected, but went way too far for many who voted them in.

So yet another coup d'etat with rounding up and arresting the whole party.

What now?

rozling

Re: Egypt

Post by rozling » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:28 pm

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:32 pm

andydes wrote:Not sure what to make of this one.

Muslim brotherhood were democratically elected, but went way too far for many who voted them in.

So yet another coup d'etat with rounding up and arresting the whole party.

What now?

Very easy: civil war (muslims against people who are pissed off about all these ancient superstitions and want a free state). To avoid "civil war" (aka: "to control the territory and the area") the U.S. will drop bombs on pyramids and/or innocent population (as usually), then they'll claim they "exported democracy". same old american movie. :roll:

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote: Presumably the US switched allegiance to the army?
The egyptian army is a branch of U.S.A. policy. Wait and see. Never heard of U.S.A. supporting "the people". They just occupy territories and put their basis for war. The americans are scared of real democracy, as usual. History proves this. I am sorry for egyptian people: civil war and/or U.S.A. occupation with bombs. These are the alternatives.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:don't watch the news or read the papers, for obvious reasons.
good advice

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Some Buddha holy man claimed that? :roll:

:lol:

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Jack McOck

Post by Jack McOck » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 pm

You can't impose democracy on a country. Democracy must come from a genuine will of the people if it is to work, and it looks as if the Egyptian people have not yet reach a sufficient level of civilisation to be worthy of such government. I recommend they all be chained together and forced to build another giant pointy sandcastle.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Exactly right. It's just a big fucking mess. Wake me when it's different.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

muslims against people who are pissed off about all these ancient superstitions
ImageImage

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:In Egypt the military are very closely interlinked with the capitalist class. So a military dictatorship is not unlikely. The army are scared of revolution. Presumably the US switched allegiance to the army? I dunno, I don't watch the news or read the papers, for obvious reasons.
There was huge popular protest against mubarak 2 years ago. Arab spring and all that. He was totalitarian, but not hostile to Israel or the west, so the US didn't have beef with him. The army booted him out and put in an interim government.

Morsi was then voted in via free elections. His party is Islamist, but relations with Israel and west not too bad. We said we'd work with him. However, the secular parts of the population have been pissed he's been writing an Islamist constitution, so they took to the streets again. Again, the army has stepped in to put in an interim government, and arrested the last lot.

I think you presume wrong this time. Not sure how the US could engineer millions of Egyptians to get on the streets. They're not that clever.

Simply put, there was a popular revolution, it didn't work out, so they had another halfway through the term of the elected government.

This could be a new model for democracy. Screw having 4 years before you stand for re election. You now have half that time to see progress, before we come for you.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 pm

the US doesn't give a shit about democracy there (or anywhere)..they (we) are continuing to prop up our strategic interest (the Military) to the tune of $1.6 Bil$ a year...thats not gonna change

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:46 pm

I say let them kill off each other,the less people
on the planet means more resources for me..if the whole Middle East just disappeared the world would be
a much better place.

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:56 pm

john gordon wrote:..if the whole Middle East just disappeared the world would be
a much better place.
Well there is one way that could be made to happen...oh, wait...Israel is there too. :roll:

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:22 pm

"cocky" :roll: