White Led colors have different color tints/shades

Discuss Push with other users.
glitchrock-buddha

Re: White Led colors have different color tints/shades

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm glad I found this thread so that I know I don't have a defective unit. Seeing many pinkish and purplish whites here scattered randomly over the unit. They seem to remain the same ones. I haven't tried making a bunch of white clips and going into session mode though. That's interesting if they are actually white. That would indicate a software fix could be possible, no?
Professional Shark Jumper.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:11 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I'm glad I found this thread so that I know I don't have a defective unit. Seeing many pinkish and purplish whites here scattered randomly over the unit. They seem to remain the same ones. I haven't tried making a bunch of white clips and going into session mode though. That's interesting if they are actually white. That would indicate a software fix could be possible, no?
i think you'll find it's the same pads. most of mine are a bit pinkish.

trying out different clip colours, the reds are pretty close. the greens are pretty good, with a couple that are a little dimmer. it's the blues that have the most variation (hence the pink).

the worst of my pads is a little dimmer in red, green, and blue.

masterblasterofdisaster

Post by masterblasterofdisaster » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:42 am

Barring the use of computer vision to aid in calibration (or other specialized factory hardware, which apparently wasn't employed) the 'software solution' would require adjusting every LED by eye against a reference white source -- which could be an LED whose color of white you happen to prefer, for example.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:30 am

Ok here's what I don't understand. I just tested it by putting a white clip where the worse offenders were in terms of pinkish or yellowish colors in note mode. Switched over to session and those clips were plain old white with no coloring. Also, notice when you're in drum mode and don't have any patterns yet, the 16 pattern pads to the right are all the same basic dull white. So I don't see why all the whites in note mode can't be the same shade of white. Push knows how to make whites and off off-whites the same shade in other modes!
Professional Shark Jumper.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:34 am

that's not what happens here. try creating a full grid of clips and setting them all to the same colour.

Qupidz

Post by Qupidz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm

im having the same issues with my push.
this thread is now 15 days inactive, did anything chance in the meantime? (some way to fix it maybe)

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 am

no fix. you can easily change the colour scheme to not use white though, which more or less avoids the tinting problem...

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 am

I sent a video to the store where I bought mine and they forwarded it on to Ableton. I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm either going to send mine back to them for a refund or eBay mine then put that money back until the next shipment comes out in June with the hopes that maybe they will have this fixed.

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 am

Yeah, I fixed it by returning it to Guitar Center.

login

Post by login » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Wow, first world people are really picky. Por chinese man working extra hours :(

realtrance

Post by realtrance » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Wow, so pic at top of this thread is the infamous "it's not perfect white" problem?!

Jeez Louise folks, pardon me for saying you are being not a little ridiculous.

I think I'd find pure white all the time everywhere kind of boring, unless I were a farmer in Kansas......

That actually looks rather pretty to me, far more appealing than something more monochromatic.

Then again, I _am_ "realtrance" so maybe it's just me, "oooooo, pretty colorzzzz"......

Anyways, Push is looking cooler every day, I must say.

randallp

Post by randallp » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 pm

I just got a notification that Musician's Friend have them in stock now - presumably this is the new batch. Curious to see if they made the whites any more consistent.
Any reports?
http://www.iam-pcr.com
Live 9, Push, MountainLion

Starr974

Post by Starr974 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 pm

need to test with alimentation or without?

thronechild

Post by thronechild » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:19 am

Just got one from sweetwater, most of the pads are off color. About 18 purpleish ones and even the white pads have some hue variations. Very frustrating, Im going to return it cause it is distracting.

mkaylor

Post by mkaylor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:46 pm

I just received mine straight from Ableton, via Texas warehouse. The whites go from pink to dark purple. I have one Yellow pad in drums that is a DARK yellow.

How come all the video from Ableton show perfectly white pads? I want to trade mine for one of those.