Still confused - copying multiple lines of automation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Check1-2

Still confused - copying multiple lines of automation

Post by Check1-2 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:10 pm

I feel as though this has been answered here before but I can't find it and this has plagued me for a while.

What I've been doing is simply making audio stems of the tracks in question and then copying those out since
I can't figure out how to do this easily, but with my reverb and delay settings, that is not working right as
the delay and reverb tails cut off when the audio track repeats.

I have multiple tracks with multiple lines of automation. Some with multiple lines of automation on send tracks
as well. How do I avoid having to go into every single like of automation and and copying them each out individually
so that they line up with the midi and audio clips when I copy those? I thought that I remembered it pertaining to
the "Lock" button and then copying but that didn't work either.

Do I have to go into every single line of automation and copy them each individually in order to copy out sections of
my track??

I haven't upgraded to Live 9 yet due to computer BS, but I will shortly. Just throwing that out there so that the advice
I hopefully receive will pertain to me.

billz270

Re: Still confused - copying multiple lines of automation

Post by billz270 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:28 pm

i honestly did not understand your problem. :?:

Check1-2

Re: Still confused - copying multiple lines of automation

Post by Check1-2 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:23 am

It essentially comes down to how to copy the automation. Which I know is a frequently answered question on her....

From my understand the way to do this was to click the drop down tab that shows the automation in their own line and then duplicate the section out in order to copy all of the automation.

However, for me in this instance, each track has multiple different types of automation... Even each send track has multiple lines of automation. So in order to copy ALL lines of automation, including multiple parameters for each track, how is this done??

To elaborate further *ignore this if it confuses you, my question was one line up*, I was imagining I must have to drop down each automation parameter separately and then copy which would be annoying and tedious as hell.... This can't be right and I'm not sure how to do it...