How Much Are You Worth?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

How Much Are You Worth?

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:44 am

Ever had trouble trying to decide how much to charge for a gig, or your services in the audio field? It's not the only way, but here's the way I went about it.

http://tarekith.com/how-much-are-you-worth/
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Blendton

Re: How Much Are You Worth?

Post by Blendton » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 am

Tarekith : or how to be sure to have zero answer >>> point : interesting and spotted in starting post + dude, you are really clever to have managed making me feel "like a starter" in business related concerns until I had to switch to another way since it was turning to brainstorming for me.

You also make me feeling like a dumbass being unable to do online transactions 'cause lots of mylife.shit stuff which is kind of a loss, I'd have gave something for the idea and its explaination only :wink:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Umm, thanks, I think.

:?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Tarekith wrote:Umm, thanks, I think.

:?
WARNING : Blendtonese encryption causes brain damage if exposition is becoming neuronal and/or traces of "thoughts" with these posts

You guess well, don't try to think with me or you could become a madman like me, it's contagious and you're too "precious" with your accuracy to be flawed by "evil poster orobably really mad and needing mental care" :D :!:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:07 pm

my strategy for any job where I set the price is to figure out how long the preparation and delivery is going to take me. Once I have done that I then remind myself that regardless of the job it is going to be a grind getting it done in that time and that it will cause me to work long hours because my estimates are often hopelessly optimistic. Once I have estimated the suffering I will experience I find it quite easy to visualise the goods or experience that will compensate me. that plus tax is the price. if its just turn up and play an improvised set, that's more difficult, I enjoy improvising - although it has never happened to me; generally the price is set or more likely - I have to spend hours neurotically tweaking an .als and rehearsing.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 pm

oddstep wrote:my strategy for any job where I set the price is to figure out how long the preparation and delivery is going to take me. Once I have done that I then remind myself that regardless of the job it is going to be a grind getting it done in that time and that it will cause me to work long hours because my estimates are often hopelessly optimistic. Once I have estimated the suffering I will experience I find it quite easy to visualise the goods or experience that will compensate me. that plus tax is the price. if its just turn up and play an improvised set, that's more difficult, I enjoy improvising - although it has never happened to me; generally the price is set or more likely - I have to spend hours neurotically tweaking an .als and rehearsing.
Happy to read someone who obviously never cheated by using "Mixed in key" software (and for instance doing easy money like Guetta shown on their website)

Seriously.

8)
Antoine, aka Blendton.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm

:lol: I suspect on an off day there would have been at least one person in the room who would have wished I was cheating; to begin with I wouldn't be alone in that feeling.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 pm

oddstep wrote::lol: I suspect on an off day there would have been at least one person in the room who would have wished I was cheating; to begin with I wouldn't be alone in that feeling.
Well, since the job's done, WTF and with guys like Deadmau5 or Skrillex say on the most "viral by audience scores" interview they just... Dance and push some keys or turn some "potar" as we say in France for encoders ...

What a cool period we live in since a year or two, guess what, Guetta's shows being spotted on our most seen TV channel, namer "TF1", it's hilarious : he does gestures in front of two CDJ-2000 with one being not switched on and even his DJM800 is OFF, busted when shown from above for a bunch of seconds ...

Weird times, IMO :mrgreen:
Antoine, aka Blendton.