robot workers in fast food

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Forge.

Re: robot workers in fast food

Post by Forge. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:40 am

beats me wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:
beats me wrote:The world will always need plumbers, mechanics, and HVAC service
Perhaps, but I'm a rock star Plumbers and such are supposed to take care of my boring maintenance headaches while I concentrate on turning it to 11 frequently.

In the US right now there’s basically 2 groups of people. People who work in intangibles like finance, programming, and rocking and people who have to service their mundane life needs so they can go on financing, programming, and rocking in relative undisturbed comfort. Robots can’t replace all the second group’s responsibilities. They certaintly couldn't replace the Mexican.
you should read that Marshall Brain "book" - he goes into a bit of detail about how things will develop and eventually even 'white collar' jobs you would assume are safe will be replaced

on that Elysium trailer, the little animatronic counter clerk gives you an idea

the only thing about that movie is that they put the date at 2154 and I think they are over 100 years late in their estimations

the 'singularlity' proponents think we've got about 20 years before human intelligence is surpassed by AI. By 2050 we could be seriously seeing some of this stuff for real. Probably sooner.

What made Brain's book interesting was how he explained how this stuff will creep in bit by bit - and the reason I posted this thread because fast food is exactly where he thought it would start - and it would start simply with a computer system and the workers wearing headsets and being guided through their jobs task by task, having all their work habits recorded and streamlined until they are basically human robots. It's a small step then to actually replacing them with actual robots.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:59 am

ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:02 am

what's that?

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 am

Terry Gilliam's new movie "Zero theorum" should be good
http://io9.com/we-saw-the-first-ten-min ... -833752912

Interesting how futuristic movies are almost all becoming dystopian now. Maybe it's because we're nearly at 2015 and it looks like Zemeckis was way off

machinesfuckingoff

Post by machinesfuckingoff » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:15 am

shadx312 wrote:Image
Those aren't bots. There clones.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:19 am

I just looked at the pic title - I haven't seen cloud atlas yet - I think I'll watch it tonight

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:46 am

Does it make a difference?
ImageImage

machinesfuckingoff

Post by machinesfuckingoff » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:25 am

shadx312 wrote:
Does it make a difference?
Yes. A clone can polish yer knob. :mrgreen:

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:38 pm

machinesfuckingoff wrote:I met your bald arse at a tech conference in London a few years back. It was right after a keynote you gave. Your facial expressions were idiotic that day and your untrimmed nosehairs were visible to the audience. Your bad breath about knocked me out. Clearly wealth doesn't spell couth for some. Oh, and I use Linux so there.
I used Linux once. It gave me bad breath.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

machinesfuckingoff

Post by machinesfuckingoff » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Steve Ballmer wrote:
machinesfuckingoff wrote:I met your bald arse at a tech conference in London a few years back. It was right after a keynote you gave. Your facial expressions were idiotic that day and your untrimmed nosehairs were visible to the audience. Your bad breath about knocked me out. Clearly wealth doesn't spell couth for some. Oh, and I use Linux so there.
You're supposed to install the Red Hat dvd's, not eat them on a bun with mustard, moron.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 pm

machinesfuckingoff wrote:
Steve Ballmer wrote:You're supposed to install the Red Hat dvd's, not eat them on a bun with mustard, moron.
"Your". Idjit.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:28 pm

machinesfuckingoff wrote:
Steve Ballmer wrote:
You're supposed to install the Red Hat dvd's, not eat them on a bun with mustard, moron.
I'm starting to think I'm witnessing a kind of [secret black budget artificial intelligence] NSA calibration process and I'm the only human on a weird dystopian Ableton forum where there is actually nobody else human but me because all the others have been hunted down by some kind of cyber obama spider man NSA crew and the dissidents and guantanemo prisoners are all hanging upside down somewhere in a real carbon-nano-tube spider web that some sick billionaire software developer has made as a kind of vigilante method of satisfying his conscience and feeling powerful at the same time.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:33 pm

They just want you to think that.

machinesfuckingoff

Post by machinesfuckingoff » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Steve Ballmer = lsz
lsz = Steve Ballmer

y = (fx(lsz) * 1.93) / x) = forge
forge + pi = Lemmy
Qz(x*3/7.981) + [(Lemmy * lsz) - (3.6^3)] == 34.2 pound turd

:D

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:47 pm

I am Funken, Jack McOck and Myrnova. What the hell are you on?!

I am Steve Ballmer and I am a person.

Last edited by Steve Ballmer on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.