Updated to 9.0.5 and now my packs are empty.......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
naburo

Re: Updated to 9.0.5 and now my packs are empty.......

Post by naburo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Had the same Problem. Everything was installed on a seperate HD
Now back to 9.03
Setup:
Ableton L11 beta, MAX8, Push2, Monome, Guitars and Kemper-Amp

soundcloud, blog, twitter

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, let's not make this a platform war. I use both platforms, and they are both just fine. There's no need to call anybody's computer ugly here.

To you guys who are having issues where the packs disappear -- Do you have rather large libraries? Do you use external disks? There's gotta be something different about our installations, and if we can pin it down, Ableton will likely have an easier time fixing it.

The reason I ask about 'large libraries' -- Maybe it's similar to how when you add files into your places folders, it sometimes takes a while for anything to show up -- Or if you install a new pack, sometimes nothing is there for a while.

Then a few folks have mentioned that changing prefs to point away and back fixes it -- I wonder if it's an indexing issue, perhaps related to either the size or location of all or parts of your library??? Now that we've established we are seeing this on both OSX and Win, what else can we rule out?

My library is incredibly small relative to most other's out there (I think currently I have about 15 packs installed, and only 3 or 4 sample CDs worth of content loaded into my personal locations). I've not experienced the agony others have talked about regarding the indexing process --- to those who had their packs disappear -- did you?
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:26 pm

ttilberg wrote:Yeah, let's not make this a platform war. I use both platforms, and they are both just fine. There's no need to call anybody's computer ugly here.

To you guys who are having issues where the packs disappear -- Do you have rather large libraries? Do you use external disks? There's gotta be something different about our installations, and if we can pin it down, Ableton will likely have an easier time fixing it.

The reason I ask about 'large libraries' -- Maybe it's similar to how when you add files into your places folders, it sometimes takes a while for anything to show up -- Or if you install a new pack, sometimes nothing is there for a while.

Then a few folks have mentioned that changing prefs to point away and back fixes it -- I wonder if it's an indexing issue, perhaps related to either the size or location of all or parts of your library??? Now that we've established we are seeing this on both OSX and Win, what else can we rule out?

My library is incredibly small relative to most other's out there (I think currently I have about 15 packs installed, and only 3 or 4 sample CDs worth of content loaded into my personal locations). I've not experienced the agony others have talked about regarding the indexing process --- to those who had their packs disappear -- did you?
I have a pretty small library actually (20 GB) and it's only a couple official Ableton Live Packs. Maybe it happened because I used a software program to uninstall the old version of Live (CCleaner) and haven't just deleted the icons in Applications.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:47 pm

I'll be damned. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck, this has happened over and over. They are there in beta 9.05

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm really pissed about this. This is ridiculous. Loading the packs back in takes FOREVER!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Ok, "KJ sawka mad beats" is there. WHY. Why is that one there and not the others?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Have you contacted support?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 pm

It's happened every full release, NEVER in the betas :x

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:13 pm

eyeknow wrote:It's happened every full release, NEVER in the betas :x
Maybe somebody at Ableton, a programmer in charge of checking the release versions, is secretly working for Bitwig.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 pm

lolzes, you guys are brutal.

Anyways, support ticket made, we'll see how it goes.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've spent all day with this and don't even have all of them installed

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What a hassle.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:44 pm

The explanation they gave me so far was that the beta has different preferences (which of course I know) and to set the preferences file/folder
Please try opening Live 9.0.5, and try pointing Live to the Live Packs directory from Preferences-->File/Folder.
:?:

Is this the cache? Because I don't see anything that would allow for this.

Also they have not yet explained why every "regular" update has killed the packs every time. I mean, I made it clear this has happened and I have not changed the packs in any of live 9's regular updates.

tintala

Post by tintala » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:57 am

mayn I am scart now... Dont wanna update again.. 8O dblya tee eff?

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:53 am

Well. My packs magically re-appeared! I literally did nothing and they're back now. I can't explain it. Before it was just a lessons folder and another empty folder in each pack but now they are normal again.

:?:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:34 am

IT'S VOODOO! The abe's are messing with us!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: