BCR/BCF2000 & Win8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mehalic

BCR/BCF2000 & Win8

Post by Mehalic » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Hey guys,

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get my BCR/BCF to work with Win8. I've tried with and without drivers and Windows doesn't recognize the device. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten this combo working (I've googled this to death with no luck). Some people have been able to plug and play cuz windows recognizes the device as a midi device, but no such luck on my system. Was hoping to get a bit of help - thanks all!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

3dot...

Re: BCR/BCF2000 & Win8

Post by 3dot... » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm working with Win8+BCR..
sorry to say...no driver needed.. works fine

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks 3dot, I was hoping to not hear that. Not quite sure what to do next with this one, argh.
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm

check your USB ports/cable..
check to see if it works on another computer.

solger

Post by solger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Mehalic wrote:Hey guys,

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get my BCR/BCF to work with Win8. I've tried with and without drivers and Windows doesn't recognize the device. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten this combo working (I've googled this to death with no luck). Some people have been able to plug and play cuz windows recognizes the device as a midi device, but no such luck on my system. Was hoping to get a bit of help - thanks all!
How are the BCs connected (via USB or MIDI)?

I don't have Windows 8, so I can only say something about using BCF/BCR with Windows 7 (64bit).
You might be able to use these hints also for running Windows 8:

o) The drivers are usually (only) needed if you want to use more than one BC-unit (BCR/BCF) at the same time .
o) If you haven't already, check the operation mode (U-1, U-2, S-1, etc..) on both units. More infos about the modes can be found in the manual.
o) Make sure that you have different global device IDs for both BCs.

Also like 3dot... suggests, maybe check the cables/ports or try other USB ports/cables ...
If it's possible also try to connect the BC with the other connection (USB or MIDI).

If you haven't already maybe try to connect only one BCunit at a time and see if this works.