Push purchased from Guitar Center already registered!

Discuss Push with other users.
Dor

Push purchased from Guitar Center already registered!

Post by Dor » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Hello, as the title states, I purchased a "new" push from guitar center and when I went to register it, the ableton site informed me that my serial was already in use. I thought it must be a bug, so i opened a support ticket and Ableton support confirmed it was registered to a "Tom" and suggested I bring it back to the store. I didn't notice any signs of an open box when I received it.

My question is this, what benefit is there to registering the unit? Is this only for support purposes in case the Push breaks? I'm enjoying the unit and debating if it's worthwhile to take it back and have to wait through the back order process again.

Your advice and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

D

lyovino

Re: Push purchased from Guitar Center already registered!

Post by lyovino » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Perhaps "Tom" returned it for something you haven't noticed yet? If it feels, plays and looks good (LEDS) ask Ableton what to do.
I'd be inclined to be cautious. (Like why didn't they tell you it was an open box) Then again it may be perfect.. your call. ;)
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:51 pm

That's naughty of them...I would complain to gc and get them to ship another unit out to you and collect the unit you have in your possesion so you can hold onto it until another non-registered unit arrives and save the inconvenience of carrying it back to store (and potentially damaging it en-route). If they try and get difficult remind them that they have sold you a second hand unit as new which violates your consumer rights.
However if it's in good condition and you're happy to keep maybe ableton can re-register it to your account

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 am

If the unit is actually in good condition and you are liking it, then I would keep it and get some money back from GC for selling you a 'used' product as 'new'.

fnordboy

Post by fnordboy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:35 am

This is why I try to never buy important equipment from GC. They did the same to me years ago when I bought a Trigger Finger. I got home and it didn't work right, wouldn't connect. Everything seemed to be there, but the USB cord was an odd color. Brought it in to the store and I made them open the replacement. Just about everything inside the package was different. Somebody returned the original TriggerFinger but threw in old cables, etc. They didn't seem to think it was a big deal. I am sure they packed it back up and putti right back on the shelf as new.

Dor

Post by Dor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:48 am

Update, I took the push back for a refund two days ago. Last night I was browsing the GC site and saw that they were available for in store pick up in my city. Picked another one up today & all is well. The lights on the buttons and slider seem brighter, a little pad discoloration but i'm not trippin' over it. Very responsive pads ... time to learn this thing.

D