User colors on your Push!!!

Discuss Push with other users.
sowhoso

Re: User colors on your Push!!!

Post by sowhoso » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:10 am

molefonken wrote:anyone knows the code for dark orange?
from page 1. you can shade() for dimmer colors. e.g., ORCHID.shade(1) ...
StarcAt wrote: BLACK = RgbColor(0)
DARK_GREY = RgbColor(1)
GREY = RgbColor(2)
WHITE = RgbColor(3)
RED = RgbColor(5)
AMBER = RgbColor(9)
YELLOW = RgbColor(13)
LIME = RgbColor(17)
GREEN = RgbColor(21)
SPRING = RgbColor(25)
TURQUOISE = RgbColor(29)
CYAN = RgbColor(33)
SKY = RgbColor(37)
OCEAN = RgbColor(41)
BLUE = RgbColor(45)
ORCHID = RgbColor(49)
MAGENTA = RgbColor(53)
PINK = RgbColor(57)

molefonken

Post by molefonken » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 pm

is that the complete color list? If I duplicate all my clips to the same color via ableton live, it sure can burst out another type of orange than from that list, and surely other colors too.. Couldn't make the same orange out of those codes for the script, and my device doesn't handle all colors that well (rainbow push)..

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Thu May 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Hello all,

First off, we sincerely appreciate the community work being put into customisable colour schemes!.
However, we have seen some users run into problems when these modified scripts are added to the /Push folder. As a request to you generating these scripts and making the installation instructions - would it be possible to recommend users making a copy of the /push folder and renaming it to /push[mod name].
This would solve the issues users have been reporting to us and would give users the option to roll back to the 'factory' push script without much hassle

Cheers
Mads

franklinvi

Post by franklinvi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:18 am

I updated to Live 9.5 and the Seapush isn't working anymore (with Push 1). In the Push script folder there isn't a original SkinDefault.pyc file, so I guess they changed it somehow. I tried to put the SkinDefault.py in the folder but with no results. Does anyone know a solution for this for Push 1?

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:22 am

franklinvi wrote:I updated to Live 9.5 and the Seapush isn't working anymore (with Push 1). In the Push script folder there isn't a original SkinDefault.pyc file, so I guess they changed it somehow. I tried to put the SkinDefault.py in the folder but with no results. Does anyone know a solution for this for Push 1?
They've changed the structure of all the remote scripts, so existing remote script-based hacks probably won't work. In another thread, Jesse from Ableton mentioned that in the next beta, there will be more changes to the structure, so it makes sense to hold off updating any hacks until this beta is out (otherwise it might be wasted work)
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

nealnorth

Post by nealnorth » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:16 pm

franklinvi wrote:I updated to Live 9.5 and the Seapush isn't working anymore (with Push 1). In the Push script folder there isn't a original SkinDefault.pyc file, so I guess they changed it somehow. I tried to put the SkinDefault.py in the folder but with no results. Does anyone know a solution for this for Push 1?
Here you go, seapush for Live 9.5 complete with matching colours for the new Simpler slice pads:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2omg55dzwpwj ... lt.py?dl=0

Just copy the file into the pushbase folder, in the same place as the Push script folder. I would backup the whole folder first though.

franklinvi

Post by franklinvi » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Thank you very much! I really love these sea colors on the Push. :D

nealnorth

Post by nealnorth » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:54 pm

You're welcome, although I can't take all the credit because I used a decompiled file from gluon's GitHub page, so they had already done the hard work and I just copied the colours over from the old seapush file.

I do too and they're a vast improvement on the default 50 shades of pink that are supposedly white.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:02 am

Thank you to all!
Just to be clear, this would go into the Midi Remote Scripts/Push folder, yes?
Just curious, what would be the outcome if you were to get Push 2 after the fact, would this still work?
I would of course have a backup of the original..
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

urRu

Post by urRu » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:59 am

lyovino wrote:Thank you to all!
Just to be clear, this would go into the Midi Remote Scripts/Push folder, yes?
Just curious, what would be the outcome if you were to get Push 2 after the fact, would this still work?
I would of course have a backup of the original..
It no longer goes into the MIDI Remote Scripts/Push folder. It now goes into the MIDI Remote Scripts/pushbase folder. I got it to work last night. I'm not huge on the seapush scheme, but it's better than the default with the awful unbalanced white. Hopefully I can get back to the color scheme I've become accustomed to sometime soon.

syncr

Post by syncr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:00 pm

I had to clean reinstall 9.6.2 last night and my previous skin_default files (which I brought over individually from a Time Machined clone) are not having any impact. Tried to also install the latest seapush files from the Github repo in the pushbase folder but no dice. Any suggestions on how I might get a custom color skin working again? 9.6.2 and Push 2.

fn0000rd

Post by fn0000rd » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm starting to dig around on the color code to try to figure out if something is possible...

What I'd like to do is use an 8-color palette to represent the musical notes. I use note mode a LOT, and change keys/scales pretty frequently.

This means that I've always got the root note and the scale represented to me, but if I want to find, say, a G, I have to translate the scale in my head, then the intervals in the current scale, etc. If I knew the Green is always G, then I'd know which keys on the Push are G.

I was also thinking we could use the "shade" bits to denote sharps/flats. Darker red is sharp, dimmer red is flat, etc.

Since it seems like some of you have dug into this pretty deeply, is this a fool's errand, or might it actually be possible? It would make life SO much easier.
----
Push/9 Suite/Launchpad S/Samson RF8/Oxygen 25/Focusrite 18i6/FCB 1010/Tecontrol USB breath controller/MBP

orionka

Post by orionka » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:21 am

Hey guys,

did somebody figure out how to change the color layout of Push 2 in the same way like the sea-Push?
I don't have the *.py -files to change something.

Any hint?

Cheers!

Heatpad

Post by Heatpad » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:24 pm

After having yet another difficult time getting Push 1 to function properly when switching tracks I recommend waiting for an update to some of the existing color schemes when running 9.7.1. If anyone has the most recent backup of 9.7's skin_default.py I would appreciate it since I just overwrote my backup with 9.6's skin_default backup and ruined my day. Would anyone have 9.7's skin default within pushbase folder?

orionka

Post by orionka » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:03 pm

here you go

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38305725/Push2.zip

but you could also always redownload ableton. install a 32bit version, if there is a 64bit version on your computer... scripts are the same.
if you get any news on the subject, let me know.
I really want to get rid of those bright white LEDs in note-mode. 8O

night... melatonin...