How long til we can use 64 pads with drum rack

Discuss Push with other users.
R-DUB

How long til we can use 64 pads with drum rack

Post by R-DUB » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 am

How long until we can use all 64 pads for the drum rack. Its kind of b/s that the push is advertised as being able to use 64 pads, but that's crap, 4 banks of 16 with drum rack. I'd like to fire all of my samples from note mode after editing in user, I mean come on, I use a KEYBOARD to play the piano, PADS for samples, so fix this gloified mpc with 4 banks of 16. The reality is you can browse sounds, other than that I can program everything this does into any other controller. Others have asked for the same, months ago, so why not update this asap since a large percentage of users are sample based. As for now I'll use reason cause I can fire more than 16 samples at a time, and I realize you can fire 64 in user mode, but you can't set the release in clip view, so its all for none, so make the users who shelled out alot of money for this thing happy. Sorry to complain, but what's the point of 64 pads you can't use?
Live 9 suite w/push
cubase
reason/recycle/record

scientist

Re: How long til we can use 64 pads with drum rack

Post by scientist » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:23 am

i'm waiting for 64 pad mode too, but for now there's a quick workaround. if you group a drum rack it will then be controllable in instrument mode. switch the scale to chromatic and you'll be able to control 64 drum slots with all 64 pads.

panten

Post by panten » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:50 am

PXT-Live

Ajaj Barnhagen

Post by Ajaj Barnhagen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Another alternative -

http://fabriziopoce.com/isocontrollers.html

(Launchpad will work alongside Push..... and the Launchpad S is prettier :)

Also Launchpad95 gives you complete access, since it allows you to scroll up by octave.

robinez

Post by robinez » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 am

scientist wrote:i'm waiting for 64 pad mode too, but for now there's a quick workaround. if you group a drum rack it will then be controllable in instrument mode. switch the scale to chromatic and you'll be able to control 64 drum slots with all 64 pads.
thanks!

So easy and works perfectly.
My latest push demo on youtube: Try Out Live Set Trance Classics

greaterthanzero

Post by greaterthanzero » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:11 am

Alternately, you can set up an empty MIDI track, open the i/o panel, and set it to send incoming notes into the track with your drum rack on it. While you're on that track, you've got your 64 pad mode just like the grouped version. But you also have the option of switching over to the original drum track and using your step sequencer.

If you know you aren't going to want that, the grouped track is faster to set up. Otherwise, might as well keep your options open.

R-DUB

Post by R-DUB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:20 pm

That link with the launch pad is what I was hoping the push would be, thanks for the link. I'll try grouping my drum rack and set my scale to chromatic. Time to spend some time with some vinyl, my sp1200, and clip view chopping some samples.
Live 9 suite w/push
cubase
reason/recycle/record

Demian Ja

Post by Demian Ja » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi.
Same Issue here. We do Live Shows were we use Push to trigger Samples in Drumrack. We want to use all of the Pads within a Drum Rack. It would be nice if one could change the Pads from yet TR-Drummachine-Sequencermode to an extended 64-Pads Mode. On top of this we wish to assign Colors to Drumslots. This would help a lot.
Triggering a Drum Rack in Instrument mode is not satisfying at all. Even in chromatic scale the midi notes repeat so you still can't use all 64 Pads.

panten

Post by panten » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

In the mean time you could nab PXT-Live and have access to 64 pads without the overlapping notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWlCgPal2VQ <- jump to 1:30 Shows Drum Rack mode.

scientist

Post by scientist » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:14 pm

as of 9.1 grouping a drum rack no longer switches it to instrument mode, so the chromatic control trick no longer works. i even tried tricking it by placing a muted instrument chain alongside the drum rack, and it's still a no go.

nightscope

Post by nightscope » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 pm

PXT-Live.

lodott0

Post by lodott0 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 am

External instrument - group as drum rack - midi to ableton push user port - press the user button and play with LED feedback :) Works fine, also you get a lot of fancy colors!

Demian Ja

Post by Demian Ja » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm

panten wrote:In the mean time you could nab PXT-Live and have access to 64 pads without the overlapping notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWlCgPal2VQ <- jump to 1:30 Shows Drum Rack mode.
looks great. will check this out

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Demian Ja wrote:Hi.
Same Issue here. We do Live Shows were we use Push to trigger Samples in Drumrack. We want to use all of the Pads within a Drum Rack. It would be nice if one could change the Pads from yet TR-Drummachine-Sequencermode to an extended 64-Pads Mode. On top of this we wish to assign Colors to Drumslots. This would help a lot.
Triggering a Drum Rack in Instrument mode is not satisfying at all. Even in chromatic scale the midi notes repeat so you still can't use all 64 Pads.
This!
(The bolded part)
Would also be very useful in the step sequencer to see by color which pad you are sequencing right now. (Especially in the Multi Pad sequencing possible in the PXT script (needs Live 9.1))