Where can I learn electronic music?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Noddah

Where can I learn electronic music?

Post by Noddah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 am

Good afternoon!
Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place but it was the most appropriate I found.

So, I'm a Brazilian musician, and until now, I've only studied music with traditional(physical) instruments, and theoric music; now I'm looking for learning how to make the most of electronic production, I tried to learn some basics in DAWs such as Ableton, FL studio, Renoise, Cubase (all with limited editions or free trials), but there's a lot things I must learn to get professional results, like how to make the most out of midi instruments, samples, automation, etc...
I'm looking for a good place to learn how to make a good sound, how to create, compose and put all the instruments together, with the help of digital production.
Since I'm already familiar with musical theory, I'm looking for a course that will focus on technical and practical principles.
I've tried looking for some courses online, but some of them are really expensive and cover much things I don't really need to learn.
I'd be glad to know if there is a physical place where I can learn digital production as well, since I'll have the chance to study anywhere in north america next year (but only for one month, so the couse must be very expecific, since it can't last more than a month).
Well, sorry if I didn't made myself very clear, I think that's it for now.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Where can I learn electronic music?

Post by 102455 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:44 am

I'll add Point Blank online music school to that list.

http://www.pointblankonline.net/

Also see https://www.ableton.com/en/education/ce ... ng/brazil/

ronhin

Post by ronhin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am

I am currently doing the 8 week course in Quantize. I have started as a newbie and I must say that I am learning a lot. Can give more feedback when i complete the course :D . So what I have written below is from a newbie's point of view.

Main reasons for taking this course are:
1. I could afford this one compared to the other more expensive courses that cover the entire music production.
2. This course is for 8 weeks. So in shorter time, I get to learn more :lol: . Plus Keith (the tutor) gives the freedom to extend the timelines, if for some reason, i cannot complete any week's assignment which I think is one of the most important thing for me as I am not a full time musician and have a day job to go to.
3. The one on one feedback videos that Keith provides were supposed to be good ( as per various reviews). Now that I am halfway through the course, I think all the good things people say about his feedback videos are 100% true. They have been like revelation to me.
4. The email and chat support wherein Keith never fails to reply.

Till now, I feel I have my money well spent. Only when i start making complete tracks will I know the true results of my investment of money and time :lol:

Noddah

Post by Noddah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Thank you very much! Through some of these links I just found a excelent course that is not far from my home.
I'll make sure to post my future works around here when I start to learn how to pu stuff together! =D

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 pm

You tube. I've learned a lot of stuff of it!