Group Clips are invisible in Session View on Push :(

Discuss Push with other users.
Kvetch

Group Clips are invisible in Session View on Push :(

Post by Kvetch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi folks, I have a group of tracks and I can trigger the group clips from the Push in session mode as normal but I cant see them. Its as if I can launch clips that are invisible so sometimes I accidentally stop the clips by pressing 1 pad too low making the whole track stop. Please help!

bastien

Re: Group Clips are invisible in Session View on Push :(

Post by bastien » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:17 am

Yeah I've noticed that too. Launchpad doesn't work like that, so it's a bit daft.

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:20 am

This is a major fail, It should be allowed to launch the scene of clips in that group at least. I'm going to compile a list of problems I have with push and send it in and see what they say. If I get no reply within the months time I will send push back.

justin

Post by justin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:37 am

Kvetch wrote:Hi folks, I have a group of tracks and I can trigger the group clips from the Push in session mode as normal but I cant see them. Its as if I can launch clips that are invisible so sometimes I accidentally stop the clips by pressing 1 pad too low making the whole track stop. Please help!
As a workaround you could try removing the stop buttons on the empty slots, that should at least prevent you from accidentally stopping clips. Also you can access the "sub-clips" by holding down the track select button of the group track.
willdahbe wrote:This is a major fail, It should be allowed to launch the scene of clips in that group at least. I'm going to compile a list of problems I have with push and send it in and see what they say. If I get no reply within the months time I will send push back.
I think you misunderstood the problem. Launching a scene of clips within a grouped track is possible from push, they trigger the same way as other clips using the scene launch buttons (the column of quantize value buttons).

chroos

Post by chroos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:12 pm

i made a patch for MIDI Remote Scripts to show LED Feedback in grouped tracks, feel free to try it out:

you have to copy ClipSlotComponent.py to the _Framework folder inside the Remote Scripts.
make shure to backup the old ClipSlotComponent.pyc

https://github.com/tentacleBuffet/Ablet ... mponent.py