iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah, a good time was had. :)

Did you get everything back on your phone from a computer or cloud backup?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:25 pm

latest backup was July 17th... so it was weird... like going back in time. fortunately, all i lost was a picture of a kid holding a baby and some text messages that in the grand scheme of things weren't that important. everything else was backup by Microsoft Exchange (my contacts etc) or by Apple, Gmail, Microsoft in their respective formats/hands in my phone.

pretty fucking smooth transition 8)

i have a couple of ring tones that may or may not be lost... gonna have to look on my iMac. but it's like 3 so i can afford to re-download if i must... that system is odd though... not sure why you can't do that like you can with music when you browse from the phone. :?

i bit the bullet and turned on iCloud :x
i migrated my contacts to it and have decided that is better... so if i quit my job or get fired for posting anti-myrnova propaganda i can call people to plan trips to sleep on their couches. 8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I’ve been thinking about switching my apps to cloud sync because they are taking up an ass ton of room on my iMac and go back to day 1 of apps being available, but now they are just kind of an old school backup mentality. I think that would put every iOS related thing I have as a cloud backup, but when I get a new idevice will I still be able to duplicate the previous idevice to it? :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:18 pm

^ not sure...

another thing i'm not sure of... the Ghostbusters slime green color of the text bubbles on the 5. yuck! :x

i liked the more subtle green on the 4 much, much better.

why would they change that; is it because of the retina display? :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:39 pm

H20nly wrote:^ not sure...

another thing i'm not sure of... the Ghostbusters slime green color of the text bubbles on the 5. yuck! :x

i liked the more subtle green on the 4 much, much better.

why would they change that; is it because of the retina display? :x

We're probably about a month away from iOS 7 so we'll see how they fixed/fucked that one up. :x

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 am

H20nly wrote:why would they change that; is it because of the retina display? :x
If you hold the 4 and 5 side by side, you'll notice that the 5 is a lot more saturated, and has much whiter whites and blacker blacks.

I think the screen itself is damn snazzy. Will probably blow me away when iOS 7 lands. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:48 pm

New iPhones Sept 10th.

New iPads October.

Supposedly.

:x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Komodovaran wrote:
H20nly wrote:why would they change that; is it because of the retina display? :x
If you hold the 4 and 5 side by side, you'll notice that the 5 is a lot more saturated, and has much whiter whites and blacker blacks.

I think the screen itself is damn snazzy. Will probably blow me away when iOS 7 lands. :x
i can't hold the 4 because it got stolen :x

but overall i do like the 5 better... yes the graphics look outstanding, but that slime green in the texts gets me. every. time. it's not a good color.

it reminds me of when i went from an LCD 780p TV to a Hi-Def LED TV... i just started watching Alien, stopped it, and then continued with the new TV 8O after that it wasn't a movie; the look and feel turned into a making of type documentary instead and the focus went to Paul Reiser's black heads and Sygornie Weaver's teeth and every thing on the set and so on... in excruciating detail

i was trying to convince my [then] girlfriend... this movie is dope! she thought it looked horrible.
she was born in 1985.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:33 pm

H20nly wrote:
Komodovaran wrote:

i can't hold the 4 because it got stolen :x

but overall i do like the 5 better... yes the graphics look outstanding, but that slime green in the texts gets me. every. time. it's not a good color.

it reminds me of when i went from an LCD 780p TV to a Hi-Def LED TV... i just started watching Alien, stopped it, and then continued with the new TV 8O after that it wasn't a movie; the look and feel turned into a making of type documentary instead and the focus went to Paul Reiser's black heads and Sygornie Weaver's teeth and every thing on the set and so on... in excruciating detail

i was trying to convince my [then] girlfriend... this movie is dope! she thought it looked horrible.
she was born in 1985.

Sometimes I’ll be watching TV on a SD channel and it’s a close up of somebody’s face and I flip it to the HD version and AHHHHH TOO MUCH!!!!! :x

I noticed when playing Riptide 2 (jet ski racing) on my iPhone 5 when you hit the water a certain way there’s graphics that make it look like water is running down your display. It doesn’t do that at all on my iPad mini which isn’t retina. 8O I don’t know if it’s not capable of displaying that or there is something in the programming that tells it notto when played on devices that don’t have a retina display.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 pm

beats me wrote:I noticed when playing Riptide 2 (jet ski racing) on my iPhone 5 when you hit the water a certain way there’s graphics that make it look like water is running down your display. It doesn’t do that at all on my iPad mini which isn’t retina. 8O I don’t know if it’s not capable of displaying that or there is something in the programming that tells it notto when played on devices that don’t have a retina display.

You're most likely experiencing Apple's feature locking API.

Get the iPad Mini 2 to unlock water-on-screen-graphic-effect.

Let me demonstrate: are the older generations of iPhones capable of having this wallpaper on their homescreen?

That's what I thought :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:24 pm

What do you mean by "this wallpaper"? I can't see anything on my work PC. :x

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 pm

beats me wrote:What do you mean by "this wallpaper"? I can't see anything on my work PC. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Pants.

Komodovaran