Live 9-great browser updates, lame function removal

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Underground Attic

Live 9-great browser updates, lame function removal

Post by Underground Attic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:44 pm

just installed live 9, not too happy with some of the browser functionality. it took forever to get it so sync up with some of my old library files and when i tried to put some of the samples into the new user library and they never populated. that's not too bad since i did get the library to show up. however im very frustrated that you cannot essentially edit the library in any way from live, for example i cant drag clips or samples straight from my session into the library like i could in live 8, in fact i can't even drag files from the system directly into my library. I can't create new folders in the browser, i cant organize it almost at all. if i edit the library through the finder, the changes don't apply until i restart the app. if someone knows a way to fix this then I would welcome the input but for now, it think ill stick with live 8 until all browser functionality is restored, and works harmoniously with the updates.

glitchrock-buddha

Re: Live 9-great browser updates, lame function removal

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Ignore the Top Browser area and just use the Places for your own organization. Works great.
Professional Shark Jumper.