TOUCHABLE 2 - First teaser video

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Fossiel

Re: TOUCHABLE 2 - First teaser video

Post by Fossiel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 am

Fabulous!! :D

Pisses me off a bit tho, that it is implemented MILLION times better than the Push and that i will probably buy an ipad soon'ish :evil: :lol:

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 am

Don't get me wrong it looks amazing! But the fact that I won't get full functionality out of an application I've paid for is frustrating. I mean not everyone has made the leap into L9 yet??
There should be a L8 version an L9 version IMO. So I guess the best option for L8 users is to not update right?

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 am

Captain Johnson wrote:Don't get me wrong it looks amazing! But the fact that I won't get full functionality out of an application I've paid for is frustrating. I mean not everyone has made the leap into L9 yet??
There should be a L8 version an L9 version IMO. So I guess the best option for L8 users is to not update right?
I don't understand - why would you not want to update?
Unfortunately, the API hooks to access the Browser, to add/delete tracks, clips, scenes etc were just added with Live 9 - so we can't provide these features if you connect to a Live 8 session.
If the app detects a Live 9 session though, it will immediately show these features!

We took a lot of care that you will always get the maximum amount of functionality from your app - whether on Live 8 or 9!

dixie237

Post by dixie237 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:58 am

Good work. Looks great. :)
Are we going to be able to use this "hard wired" with midi (like Lemur), or is it still wifi only adhoc network setup?

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:16 pm

dixie237 wrote:Good work. Looks great. :)
Are we going to be able to use this "hard wired" with midi (like Lemur), or is it still wifi only adhoc network setup?
As we exclusively use OSC instead of MIDI, unfortunately Wifi only - or USB cable if you either have an active 3g/4g data plan or a jailbroken iPad with MyWi installed!

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Chris / touchAble wrote:
Captain Johnson wrote:Don't get me wrong it looks amazing! But the fact that I won't get full functionality out of an application I've paid for is frustrating. I mean not everyone has made the leap into L9 yet??
I don't understand - why would you not want to update?
Unfortunately, the API hooks to access the Browser, to add/delete tracks, clips, scenes etc were just added with Live 9 - so we can't provide these features if you connect to a Live 8 session.
If the app detects a Live 9 session though, it will immediately show these features!

We took a lot of care that you will always get the maximum amount of functionality from your app - whether on Live 8 or 9!
Ah right so the App adapts to what version of live you are using and then applies what functionality it can? That seems much better. I was worried it'd be showing up things I couldn't use and frustrating the hell out my experience.

Thanks for the update man! Love the App hope this is everything I dreamed of (from a L8 perspective 8) )

dixie237

Post by dixie237 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Chris / touchAble wrote: As we exclusively use OSC instead of MIDI, unfortunately Wifi only - or USB cable if you either have an active 3g/4g data plan or a jailbroken iPad with MyWi installed!
No plan or Jailbreak here I'm afraid.

Good luck with the launch. Keep up the good work. :)

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 pm

This looks great! Really looking forward to the update, thanks for the preview. :D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

triant

Post by triant » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Le k wrote:
triant wrote: ...

next you're going to tell us you've figured out how to make the ipad screen sweat-proof.

(just please tell us it's stable-as-all-hell)

seriously, though. awesome. can't wait to see more.
Features walkthrough videos next...so much to show!
i will take this as implicit confirmation that you have figured out how to make the ipad screen sweat-proof.

:mrgreen:

triant

Post by triant » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Chris / touchAble wrote:
As we exclusively use OSC instead of MIDI, unfortunately Wifi only - or USB cable if you either have an active 3g/4g data plan or a jailbroken iPad with MyWi installed!
could you explain how cellular data gets around the wifi restriction? i have an ipad with 3G and sometimes adhoc networking doesn't work they way it's supposed to (and is, in any case, a general pain to deal with).

haven't jailbroken it yet but this might be a reason to do so...

fcarroll

Post by fcarroll » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Will we have the ability to access VST presets with the new TouchAble 2?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 8 Suite,Ableton PUSH Komplete 8, Logic Studio,Launchpad x 2, iPad (Lemur), M-Audio Keystudio, Akai MPD18, ...

Frederik654

Post by Frederik654 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:13 pm

triant wrote:
Chris / touchAble wrote:
could you explain how cellular data gets around the wifi restriction? i have an ipad with 3G and sometimes adhoc networking doesn't work they way it's supposed to (and is, in any case, a general pain to deal with).

haven't jailbroken it yet but this might be a reason to do so...
I'm interested in this too actually as I have a 3G model + sim in the ipad.
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 pm

If you do have a data plan please check in your settings if there is the option to enable 'Personal Hotspot' and activate USB
What this actually does is tethering your computer to the iPad - which simply creates a network between as soon as you plug in the USB.

It depends on your mobile contract - they can choose whether to make it available or not.
that might be the main reason we can't use USB for our data transfers.. apple wants to make sure the ISPs get their extra fees for tethering..

but for people without a 3G plan or a wifi ipad there is still the possibility to jailbreak and use MyWi!

ytsek

Post by ytsek » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:20 am

Will the update work with pre IOS 6?

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Looks really great, well done