clip view keyboard mapping

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

clip view keyboard mapping

Post by Guest » Fri May 02, 2003 8:03 pm

before i start, i'd like to applaud you guys at Ableton for making such a robust and adaptable product!

here's my request:

it'd be great to be able to assign keys to fields in the clip view. the keyboard map would be global: instead of applying to a particular clip, the key would map to that field of whatever clip is currently selected. striking the key would show the clip view.

here's an example of how it would be useful:

i use Live 2.0 for on-stage sampling of bass and other stuff, along with a little Max/MSP patch to trigger clip recording. the only inconvenience with this is that i end up with a bunch of unnamed, same-color clips in my session view, which makes it hard to keep track of them as i build my arrangements.

it would be really helpful to have a key combination that puts the cursor focus on the name of the currently-selected clip. this way, as soon as i record a clip, i could hit a key and give the clip a name, instead of having to use the mouse. i can then press Command-Down (don't know what it is on windows version) to select the clip color.

seems like it'd be really easy to do, and would definitely enhance peoples' Live experience!