Push Broken wont turn on! SOLVED

Discuss Push with other users.
Asymmetricalmusic

Re: Push Broken wont turn on! SOLVED

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Damn it doesn't have a

"Are you sure you want to do this?" kind of message?

That's bad

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 pm

even if it does or doesnt have a confirmation they shouldnt enable a midi/firmware dump that would break their own product, that would just seem like something that would be done as an initial step of qa testing each release for push, 'does it show up in midi devices', 'does dump work', then move on to functionality

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:08 am

^ i haven't seen anyone else have this issue. it's probably just a one off thing... hopefully, anyway.

badeshi wrote:Just to complete this thread... it now works!!

I spoke to Ableton on the phone who were very helpful and worked through several methods until it worked again.

Advice is DO NOT PRESS 'DUMP'!

but if you do contact Ableton and you should be good!

thanks for help
glad you got it sorted.
... and nice to hear that you got some good customer service.

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am

I did the same thing when I plugged mine in (hit dump) and it bricked. I just kept power cycling and, eventually, it came back to life.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:00 am

Hey look it's B. Mad Murphy. Knew I'd see you troll this forum at some point! :lol:

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:00 am

Illiac wrote:I did the same thing when I plugged mine in (hit dump) and it bricked. I just kept power cycling and, eventually, it came back to life.
i did the same and i restartet live + push. push said that there is no firmware installed and i should use the "dump" button. i did this and the firmware was installed again :)

really worse button, it never worked on any of my devices.

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 pm

:wink:

Mr.415

Post by Mr.415 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:08 am

Any chance you can upload the document they sent or post the process here? Would love to get this issue resolved, I bricked mine while trying to customize the color schemes.
Cheers!

paulnangel

Post by paulnangel » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Yeah, tell us the secret, 4 months waiting for this and I pressed 'dump' and for some reason tech support is a bit busy.. :(

paulnangel

Post by paulnangel » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Gutted, after hours of hair tearing it turns out Push is fine and it's a dodgy USB hub I bought from Maplins today that caused all the trouble..
In the words of Homer Simpson 'D'oh!'..

AgentOrange61

Post by AgentOrange61 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:33 pm

badeshi wrote:I spoke to Ableton on the phone who were very helpful and worked through several methods until it worked again.
It would be very helpful if you or Ableton published the info you received. Other users would actually have a chance of figuring out what is happening, and resolve issues on their own...

PaoniaEntertainment

Post by PaoniaEntertainment » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:36 am

:o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o :o

Here is the fix! (What to do if Push dies after a midi dump!)

I just spent the whole morning trying to get through to Ableton support to fix this, for I, too, thought I broke my Push! Why they wouldn't put a note on a piece of paper in the box saying "do not midi dump to Push!", I don't know, but anyway...

OK, so here are the steps...

1. Make sure you are running the latest version of Live 9. A demo version will work fine.
2. Open up Live. Go to preferences and then to midi.
3. While holding down the shift button on Push, turn the power on.
4. It should say "Failsafe firmware updater - please use update app to update firmware.
5. Then Live should take over and update Push and it will work again!

That's what worked for me! Good Luck! Don't do that again :wink:

If it doesn't solve your problem, contact customer support. It might take a few hours to get through just be patient and keep calling like they are a radio station.

PaoniaEntertainment

Post by PaoniaEntertainment » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:04 am

Oh, Customer Support asked me to try to uninstall the Push driver in Device Manager (this is for Windows). I could not see Push as a device in the Device Manager (only in gray in Ableton's Midi Tab/Control Surfaces), therefore I could not uninstall the driver since it was not there. I don't know if this will even really help but if holding down shift doesn't work try uninstalling the Push drivers in window or mac and maybe that will help.

Some other things that they had me do were...
1. Hold down shift on Push while powering up push when the USB is not connected.(Similar procedure as above post)
2. Hold down play on Push while powering up push when the USB is not connected. (Starts demo mode.)
3. This first guy I talked to asked me to hold down shift while powering up Push and so I did - I held down Shift on the computer keyboard! Well that didn't work so, I got passed to the other guy and then I realized - ohh he meant Shift on the Push! Clarity in communication is everything!

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

So I didn't MIDI dump to my Push, but it did stop working at a point.

With just the power supply plugged in it will go into 'Vegas mode' and if I hold Play and power it on it will boot into 'Demo mode', with the USB cable plugged in and holding Shift while powering on it will boot into the 'FAILSAFE FIRMWARE UPDATER' but my computer still doesn't recognize it and Live will not take over and update firmware like it is supposed to.

I've re-installed Live, tried other USB cables, other USB ports, 3 other computers, with and without the power supply and all of the different boot modes. They say it's the USB port and I guess I will have to send it in, not looking forward to being without my main studio piece for probably months

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:29 pm

I recently had to send mine back for a warranty issue too, and Ableton were super quick with the return of the new one. I don't think you'll be without it for months :)