Drum Rack with Microtonic, Designed for Push

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Re: Drum Rack with Microtonic, Designed for Push

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 pm

^ Yup, feels like old times.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 am

I made a video to demonstrate how I did this:

http://youtu.be/Ns9XYcaKLho

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Fap fap fap.

Big thanks.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:27 pm

No problemmo, enjoy!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm

64bit version of uTonic coming soon I have a strong feeling :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

^ Yeah, read that in the Sonic Charge forums too. :)

locknar

Post by locknar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Last edited by locknar on Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 pm

You're nuts. But if it works for you then cool.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 am

Sadly, Neb's solution requires 8 instances of Microtonic, where only the first drum channel is used per instance. This is very inconvenient.

There's an excellent drum rack with External Instrument per chain/drum channel made in 2011, which requires only a single instance of Microtonic. However, is it ever possible, perhaps with M4L, to automatically map each drum channel parameters upon chain select? So that particular Microtonic drum parameters such as: EQ Freq, EQ Gain, Distort, OSC Freq, OSC Attack, OSC Release are automatically mapped when appropriate drum pad is hit on Push? E.g. when on Push I press the pad # 4, device parameters for Microtonic channel #4 are automatically mapped and available for control with Push. When I hit another drum pad, device parameters are automatically remapped to that particular drum channel parameters?

Andrejs
Last edited by locojohn on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm

^ No, I created it in L9, so it won't open in L8.

bytheriver

Post by bytheriver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm

This is completely amazing. I might well actually have to buy microtonic now, for anyone else who doesn't have it they do a very decent 3 week demo, I can see myself becoming attached by the time next payday comes around. :lol:

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Back to the subject, anyone?

There's an excellent drum rack with External Instrument per chain/drum channel made in 2011, which requires only a single instance of Microtonic. However, is it ever possible, perhaps with M4L, to automatically map each drum channel parameters upon chain select? So that particular Microtonic drum parameters such as: EQ Freq, EQ Gain, Distort, OSC Freq, OSC Attack, OSC Release are automatically mapped when appropriate drum pad is hit on Push? E.g. when on Push I press the pad # 4, device parameters for Microtonic channel #4 are automatically mapped and available for control with Push. When I hit another drum pad, device parameters are automatically remapped to that particular drum channel parameters? [/quote]

Andrejs
/*
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 pm

locojohn wrote:Back to the subject, anyone?

There's an excellent drum rack with External Instrument per chain/drum channel made in 2011, which requires only a single instance of Microtonic. However, is it ever possible, perhaps with M4L, to automatically map each drum channel parameters upon chain select? So that particular Microtonic drum parameters such as: EQ Freq, EQ Gain, Distort, OSC Freq, OSC Attack, OSC Release are automatically mapped when appropriate drum pad is hit on Push? E.g. when on Push I press the pad # 4, device parameters for Microtonic channel #4 are automatically mapped and available for control with Push. When I hit another drum pad, device parameters are automatically remapped to that particular drum channel parameters?
Andrejs[/quote]

Yes, you can this using any of the parameter mapping devices made with Max for Live, such as the covert Operators 16 Macros. So for Suite/M4L owners, the ideal thing would be to use one Microtonic (or any drum machine) on the first pad, external instruments on the others and put the midi fx version of the M4L device before the external instrument device. Then you can map parameters from the drum you want in microtonic to it so when you select that drum pad, you have access to the those parameters. The downside though is that parameter names don't carry through from Max for Live when mapped apparently, so your blind there. But there aren't too many so I guess you could memorize the order of parameters for a drum in microtonic.
Professional Shark Jumper.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:40 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
locojohn wrote:Back to the subject, anyone?

Andrejs
Yes, you can do this using any of the parameter mapping devices made with Max for Live, such as the covert Operators 16 Macros. So for Suite/M4L owners, the ideal thing would be to use one Microtonic (or any drum machine) on the first pad, external instruments on the others and put the midi fx version of the M4L device before the external instrument device. Then you can map parameters from the drum you want in microtonic to it so when you select that drum pad, you have access to the those parameters. The downside though is that parameter names don't carry through from Max for Live when mapped apparently, so your blind there. But there aren't too many so I guess you could memorize the order of parameters for a drum in microtonic.[/quote]

Would you kindly send a link to an .adg file demonstrating this?

Thank you in advance!

Andrejs
/*
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/