Kompakt x Ableton pop-up store - Aug. 31 - Sept. 7 in Berlin

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ableton_David

Kompakt x Ableton pop-up store - Aug. 31 - Sept. 7 in Berlin

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:58 pm

From August 31st through September 7, we're hosting a pop-up store from the Kompakt record label at our Berlin office, as part of their 20 Jahre Kompakt (20 Years of Kompakt) celebration. Come by to browse exclusive vinyl/records/merch from Kompakt and exclusive Ableton merch - plus free workshops, performances and DJ sets throughout the week. It'd be great to see some of the online community come by in person!

The pop-up store on Ableton.com

Note: the pop-up store has a capacity cap of 120 people. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.

Asher321

Re: Kompakt x Ableton pop-up store - Aug. 31 - Sept. 7 in Berlin

Post by Asher321 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:32 pm

If only I lived in Berlin... :(

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 am

That email was totally useless to me, no clue of who they are and nothing relevant IMHO towards Live in general. I may unsubscribe if they keep pimping this kind of stuff....

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 am

For locals it is a very nice opportunity imho. The Kompakt label is huge in (somewhat melodic) techno and electronica, and has been pretty consistent in their quality over the years. You might know Gui Boratto or Michael Mayer. If this doesn't ring a bell, then you are probably not in that kind of music at all. But as you are into ambient, you might know The Orb, which has a few releases there, i thought.

Dunno about the workshop. I think it is always nice to share some technical skills.

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 am

@Ableton_David - on the webpage there, the "Ableton on Facebook" link wrongly goes to the Twitter page instead of FB...

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 am

8O wrote:@Ableton_David - on the webpage there, the "Ableton on Facebook" link wrongly goes to the Twitter page instead of FB...
Oops - thanks for that one. You'll be around next week? :)

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:26 am

Ableton_David wrote:
8O wrote:@Ableton_David - on the webpage there, the "Ableton on Facebook" link wrongly goes to the Twitter page instead of FB...
Oops - thanks for that one. You'll be around next week? :)
:D Would be nice if I have time... 8)

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:That email was totally useless to me, no clue of who they are and nothing relevant IMHO towards Live in general. I may unsubscribe if they keep pimping this kind of stuff....

Mike
Thanks for the feedback - we endeavor not to spam our community. This is a major event, however - it's the first time we've ever opened the Ableton office to the public for a space like this. Additionally, we'll have a decent number of videos/sounds to share post-popup store, so stay tuned even if you can't make it!

zendo

Post by zendo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 am

Sounds like a great event. Unfortunately there was the info somewhere that there's only room for 120 people...

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:13 pm

zendo wrote:Sounds like a great event. Unfortunately there was the info somewhere that there's only room for 120 people...
Yes, there's a capacity cap of 120 people, but we don't anticipate it being too prohibitive for most events. If you're worried about an event filling up, then try to arrive early.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
darkenedsoul wrote:That email was totally useless to me, no clue of who they are and nothing relevant IMHO towards Live in general. I may unsubscribe if they keep pimping this kind of stuff....

Mike
Thanks for the feedback - we endeavor not to spam our community. This is a major event, however - it's the first time we've ever opened the Ableton office to the public for a space like this. Additionally, we'll have a decent number of videos/sounds to share post-popup store, so stay tuned even if you can't make it!
Well part of of the issue is the events are always over there or NY/LA which is not doable for me or a majority of people IMHO. No clue who Kompact is (other than a player for NI stuff and spelled differently) and I am into ambient just not their style (I stopped listening to Tangerine Dream when they went *happy* sounding mid '95 and am into the Darker Ambient/Ritualist stuff personally. Best of luck either way.

Mike
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:41 am

darkenedsoul wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:

Mike
Well part of of the issue is the events are always over there or NY/LA which is not doable for me or a majority of people IMHO. No clue who Kompact is (other than a player for NI stuff and spelled differently) and I am into ambient just not their style (I stopped listening to Tangerine Dream when they went *happy* sounding mid '95 and am into the Darker Ambient/Ritualist stuff personally. Best of luck either way.

Mike
Funny you should mention dark ambient - have you seen the Lustmord feature yet?

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
Funny you should mention dark ambient - have you seen the Lustmord feature yet?
Nope, I'll go poke around the main site to see if I can find it. May be an interesting read.

Mike

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:45 am

Mike
When I first read that you've never heard of Kompakt I was surprised, and based on the tone of your post I rolled my eyes a little - then I realized that maybe there's a generational difference or something? Maybe not, I don't know.

If you've never heard of Kompakt you should take a minute to find out. You don't have to be into that particular sound to learn something new.

8)