TOUCHABLE 2 - First teaser video

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
triant

Re: TOUCHABLE 2 - First teaser video

Post by triant » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Chris / touchAble wrote:If you do have a data plan please check in your settings if there is the option to enable 'Personal Hotspot' and activate USB
What this actually does is tethering your computer to the iPad - which simply creates a network between as soon as you plug in the USB.

It depends on your mobile contract - they can choose whether to make it available or not.
that might be the main reason we can't use USB for our data transfers.. apple wants to make sure the ISPs get their extra fees for tethering..

but for people without a 3G plan or a wifi ipad there is still the possibility to jailbreak and use MyWi!
oh i get it. no, i'd have to pay extra for tethering.

but of course, we can send MIDI and audio and other forms of data via USB without a tethering plan. is it a limitation of the iOS APIs that prevents you from sending OSC/whatever you use in the same way?

Le k

Post by Le k » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 pm

triant wrote:
Le k wrote:
triant wrote: ...

next you're going to tell us you've figured out how to make the ipad screen sweat-proof.

(just please tell us it's stable-as-all-hell)

seriously, though. awesome. can't wait to see more.
Features walkthrough videos next...so much to show!
i will take this as implicit confirmation that you have figured out how to make the ipad screen sweat-proof.

:mrgreen:
I wish we could! :mrgreen:
TouchAble App - IOS controller for Ableton Live
http://www.touch-able.com

Sylvain Garcia / Le K Ableton Certified trainer
http://www.ableton.com/pages/education/ ... ain_garcia
http://www.le-k.org

tekkers

Post by tekkers » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:14 pm

if u have not got touchable for your ipad, u really should get it, it's easily the most usable of the ableton controllers for the device..

but really i have to wait a month for it? hurry it up and i'd pay for it again! - i'm sure everyone else will also :D

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:27 pm

what are the biggest differences between touchable-2 and and the lemur Ableton template?
seems that touchable is moving towards lemur.

1.A.M.

Post by 1.A.M. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am

This is great! Could not wait for this update, now i'm not wishing push so much :lol:

drez

Post by drez » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Getting really stoked about this release. This in combo with the Push should pretty much cover it. I've got Lemur as well, but I've been using Touchable since it launched and its fantastic. Lookin good! 8)
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Looks excellent. Will it be possible to save device control templates so people can share?
Professional Shark Jumper.

triant

Post by triant » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:42 pm

8O when do we get more videos? 8O

panten

Post by panten » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:12 pm

These vids encouraged me to prise my iPad from my girlfriend's cold dead fingers and give Touchable another go (it was bloody crashy).

Not sure what they've done (new server?) but it was stable to the point of me using it all weekend without a single crash. Looking forward to the update. I would happily pay more money for the upgrade.

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 pm

can i browse my own stuff in my documents?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 am

seems like another must-have to me..

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:46 am

Hi guys,

I don’t have an iPad so have never tried Touch OSC, Touchable or the Lemur app...

Having watched this video, it does seem to offer so much hands on control, so I’m very tempted to get one! Before I consider this further, could you help me out with understanding which app / if any app can do what I need it to do:

Production: Easy access to all or most of Live’s features – with a layout that resembles Live relatively closely. The Touchable2 video appears to be excellent – is the Lemur app ‘better’ or is it just more customizable??

Performance (most important): I need a relatively simple, but custom designed layout – grid matrix (4 by 6 grid) for clip launching, effects punch in buttons and a 2 faders for each of the 4 DJ channels. Can this be designed easily using any of these apps whilst retaining the clip navigation matrix I need?? On one page as well!

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Oh! And I like to be able to see where the current clips is during playback (like of the page view that you would toggle between FX and the clip itself on the APC40). cheers\!

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

it's still strange to me how Ableton failed to make their own .... :roll:

Le k

Post by Le k » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:47 pm

stevemac wrote:Hi guys,

I don’t have an iPad so have never tried Touch OSC, Touchable or the Lemur app...

Having watched this video, it does seem to offer so much hands on control, so I’m very tempted to get one! Before I consider this further, could you help me out with understanding which app / if any app can do what I need it to do:

Production: Easy access to all or most of Live’s features – with a layout that resembles Live relatively closely. The Touchable2 video appears to be excellent – is the Lemur app ‘better’ or is it just more customizable??

Performance (most important): I need a relatively simple, but custom designed layout – grid matrix (4 by 6 grid) for clip launching, effects punch in buttons and a 2 faders for each of the 4 DJ channels. Can this be designed easily using any of these apps whilst retaining the clip navigation matrix I need?? On one page as well!

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Oh! And I like to be able to see where the current clips is during playback (like of the page view that you would toggle between FX and the clip itself on the APC40). cheers\!
touchAble offers all of that
TouchAble App - IOS controller for Ableton Live
http://www.touch-able.com

Sylvain Garcia / Le K Ableton Certified trainer
http://www.ableton.com/pages/education/ ... ain_garcia
http://www.le-k.org

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Le k wrote:
stevemac wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for your help!

touchAble offers all of that
Fantastic - why is the Lemur app so much more expensive if the functionality is seemingly so similar?

Are there some key differences / benefits of Lemur?

thanks!