Upcoming patch content available?

Discuss Push with other users.
Fossiel

Upcoming patch content available?

Post by Fossiel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 am

Is Ableton communicating in any way on the upcoming Live patch?

I really like to know what features are being processed, since I'm about to implement a couple of things myself that will cost some cash (pxt-live for note sequencing for example).

Also, how hard can it be to create more functionality for the Push? All the programmers on M4L and many others have been rolling stuff out months ago.

Because789

Re: Upcoming patch content available?

Post by Because789 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:39 am

I haven't heard anything about it besides the usual we can't comment on future development.

But given that 9.0.5 works pretty well and we haven't seen a beta for more than a month I guess 9.1 with some major changes is around the corner. Or everyone at Ableton were in summer vacations...

Whatever they come up with I think PXT Live is well worth the money. Even if they would implement all the functionallity of PXT Live (which they will not), I'm pretty sure metastatik would come up with some fancy new stuff :)

Regarding M4L development: just yesterday evening I got tired of waiting for deployment on the Push Dev Kit, I started the whole thing from scratch and already found some improvements. I have some projects in mind I want to realise and release the next couple of weeks (edit: since I own PXT Live I will not build devices which reproduce a functionality already included in PXT).
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:43 am

Cool stuff, looking forward to your projects :)

I will give pxt-live a go then, it's not that expensive anyway.

Just a major letdown of Ableton. It is so easy to keep your users bonded to your product, and they totally ignore all possibilities.

Because789

Post by Because789 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:59 am

Fossiel wrote:I will give pxt-live a go then, it's not that expensive anyway.
Do it, 20 bucks is a bargain for what you get! Just don't expect to get used to everything it delivers in a few hours, there are a lot of things to learn.
Fossiel wrote:Just a major letdown of Ableton. It is so easy to keep your users bonded to your product, and they totally ignore all possibilities.
I think that's the wrong way of thinking about it. They know exactly about all the possibilities, better than you and me and everyone of us forum users and they're not ignoring it. What they do is they make decisions. Check out the following thread, the interview with Behle explains a lot why Push is what it is:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195454

That's why I take the default mode of Push as a set of constraints and I believe it's a very thought through set. Of course there's room for improvements, I'm pretty sure we'll see changes on the browsing behaviour and on the workflow with audio tracks in the future. But they will not implement all the possibilities out there, just because they think of Push as an instrument and every instrument is limited.

And that's fine for me, because the default Push mode is not everything Push and Live deliver. We got access to the remote scripts and to m4l, what means when you have a special need in many cases you still can get what you want.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

kirillov

Post by kirillov » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:47 am

Behles: "We were looking at making the computer an engine that is hidden"

well, we are kind of getting there as soon as we can browse and load
audio files into clip slots...and as soon we can fine adjust clip start and loop positions.
I know there is a lot of future requests, but this is one of the most basic
thing in live you want to do ;-)