you went from maschine to push? what are you missing?^

Discuss Push with other users.
störgeräusche

you went from maschine to push? what are you missing?^

Post by störgeräusche » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 am

hey peeps
after two years with maschine i was thinking about getting push instead, since all i do with maschine nowadays is to jam a basic drum pattern and record it into live as audiotrack and go on with the arrangement, so let's say i am using less than 10% of maschine power.
I practically never use maschine standalone, since i miss my M4L stepsequencers and other live's stuff.
So, question is, has anyone made the same thing and now missing something a lot? pad size is a bit of a concern to me, but the total integration with live is tempting... being that i work with live since version 2 i don't mind spending all the money for a closed system (I don't think push will be very useful as a controller with other DAWS) since i am not changing DAW anytime soon.
So, convince me to sell maschine and fund a push.
thanks!
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

Theo Void

Re: you went from maschine to push? what are you missing?^

Post by Theo Void » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm

I have both Maschine mk2 and PUSH. Live is my main DAW so I use it for everything from sound selection to arrangement and mixing. Maschine is where I just jam out and come up w/ idea's. It's great for that and worth the price for that reason alone. So, you may say you're only using 10% of Maschine, but I'd say that 10% is in-dispensable. I do ALL my drums in Maschine and quite a bit of sampling/chopping re-arranging. I absolutely LOVE MAschine and would never get rid of it.

PUSH is also an amazing piece of gear but IMHO, un-finished. I love the chord/scale functions but I had that on my launchpad using Launchpad 95 for free. I like the fact that it has a screen that shows what parameter I am adjusting w/ the knobs. It's definitely an instrument in itself which is what it was advertised as. I just think we'll see a lot of up-dates and feature add-ons (or at least I hope so.) It's built like a tank and is absolutely beautiful! I am in the process of racking things up so that I can browse them on PUSH. Who uses Ableton Live presets? Not me.

Personally, I wouldn't sell MAschine to get Push but if you think your Maschine is under-utilized then maybe it's a good idea for you. If you work primarily in Live it's a good idea. It's definitely NOT a total Live controller. It does a few things very well but you'll still be using the mouse quite a bit. The pad size is will defintely take some getting used to coming from MAschine.

Sorry, that probably didn't help much. I love them both for different reasons. I'll say this. I know your G.A.S. is probably acting up!!! Fuck it, go for it!! You canalways switch back if you want to.

kultschar

Post by kultschar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:36 pm

I have Maschine, Komplete, Ableton and now Push

I dont really sample with Maschine hence just building drum patterns etc, never liked the DAW integration if im honest.

Anyhow with the Audio Modder VST Bridge (see thread) I am now using my Maschine kits in PUSH also Battery 4 and all my Komplete 9 presets in PUSH!!

Worth checking this out, I have not used Maschine since!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Haven't used Maschine with Ableton since. I thought Mashine would supplement my drum sequencing but I've come to realize Push is more than capable of programming a drum pattern.

I use Maschine with Logic.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 am

mmmh... some interesting points being made here. Yes, even if use just the 10% of maschine, it's a very important 10% of it. Fact is I cant get my head around using maschine on stage (in the middle of preparing a liveset) so I thought push would be a good alternative to maschine.
I am gonna wait for maschine 2.0 anyway.
And about push not being finished... so is ableton! we still haven't proper PDC and many many other little problems so yes, it's clear push isn't finished as well, i just haven't thought of it before, good point.
Gonna wait on this one then, and try to squeeze more juice from maschine. it's a nice piece of kit.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

Because789

Post by Because789 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am

störgeräusche wrote:And about push not being finished... so is [Live]
and so is Maschine, otherwise you wouldn't have to wait for Maschine 2.0.

I think the main question is if a tool fits your needs or not. Push together with PXT and M4L fits my needs perfectly, my Maschine is just collecting dust since I got Push. The only thing I miss is moving sounds from a pad to another in step seq mode.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L