Breaking Bad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Here’s how I see it. Jesse introduced Walt to the wonderful world of meth and then Walt showed him how wonderful it could really be. Along the way there were some mishaps and some bad citizen behavior, not the least of which is Jesse capping a chemistry nerd. Then they retired with a few duckets in their pocket. Jesse’s too little, too late moral high ground is annoying at best. He should have just took up his new life in Alaska where they could film a spinoff serious where he beds up with several Palins and hilarity ensues.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:45 pm

I move for a Breaking Bad/Weeds cross over. Both teams could combine their skill sets and create a new wonder drug that would have all the effects of meth, but which you could grow in your backyard while listening to Snoop Lion. This is how science works, and ah dig, gee.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:01 pm

I wish there was a half-hour show like americas funniest home videos but for people on bath salts.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 pm

beats me wrote: Jesse’s too little, too late moral high ground is annoying at best. .
nah.. it's not a moral high ground... I like the fact that he's coming apart at the seams from an accumulation of all the shit that's happened and his conscience making itself heard... it makes an even better contrast to show just how cold and evil walt actually is

and I also liked how they almost made Hank look like a decent guy, then as soon as Jesse was out of the room he talked about him like he was a disposable piece of shit - that made me think Hank might not fare so well in the final show down - like they're reminding us why we haven't been rooting for him because in his own way he's just as bad as walt..

I think Jesse is turning out to be the damaged and reluctant hero... he may well be the last standing

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 pm

I hope so:)
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

8O

I love open desert close range gun battles between police and professional killers where everybody stands still and nobody gets hit. :x

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 pm

I cant think of a bigger cliffhanger on TV before.

Bet ya they are going to flashforward hard at the first 10 minutes of next week.
Because Whatever.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm

beats me wrote:8O

I love open desert close range gun battles between police and professional killers where everybody stands still and nobody gets hit. :x
yeah I think it was slate or gawker did an article yesterday about the pathetically poor marksmanship

I fail to see how all those machine guns didn't it hank or the other guy, especially when they stood up to shoot. It was a bit lame really.

But even still it was a hell of a cliff hanger

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Was anybody really surprised when Walt’s hit squad showed up after he told them not to? Really? I saw it coming a mile away but they dragged it out so long that right when I was going “OK, maybe not” they rolled on up. The opening scenes from the future on several episodes clearly show that Walt doesn’t just get arrested and that is that, and you know he isn’t going to get let out on bail and then make a run for it.

Not the worst writing ever, but really nothing surprising.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 pm

An idea just sprang to mind to the ending of the series, in that Walt is walking down the prison corridor for the first time; he's being loudly hailed by all the prisoners, and with a slow zoom to his face you can see that evil look and he is ready to start a new empire inside. If he doesn't die from cancer that is (if there is a cancer at all...)
ImageImage

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm

shadx312 wrote:An idea just sprang to mind to the ending of the series, in that Walt is walking down the prison corridor for the first time; he's being loudly hailed by all the prisoners, and with a slow zoom to his face you can see that evil look and he is ready to start a new empire inside. If he doesn't die from cancer that is (if there is a cancer at all...)
The Blues Brothers did this already. And The Producers. And Willow.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Steve Ballmer wrote:
shadx312 wrote:An idea just sprang to mind to the ending of the series, in that Walt is walking down the prison corridor for the first time; he's being loudly hailed by all the prisoners, and with a slow zoom to his face you can see that evil look and he is ready to start a new empire inside. If he doesn't die from cancer that is (if there is a cancer at all...)
The Blues Brothers did this already. And The Producers. And Willow.

And The Simpsons.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:00 pm

my guess:

The neo-nazis manage to kill hank and the other guy (gomez?)- frankly if they don't manage to do that then it will be the utmost in lameness given Hank had a handgun and they had a whole arsenal of automatic weapons

they rescue Walt, Walt is walt and manages to fall out with the neo-nazis and the show down with the M60 from the first episode is against them.

The more I think about it the more I can't believe how fucking stupid that shoot out was. Hank was actually standing fully upright firing his stupid little handgun in the face of several dudes with machine guns...

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

I knew I got that idea from somewhere...
ImageImage

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Forge. wrote:
beats me wrote:8O

yeah I think it was slate or gawker did an article yesterday about the pathetically poor marksmanship

I fail to see how all those machine guns didn't it hank or the other guy, especially when they stood up to shoot. It was a bit lame really.

But even still it was a hell of a cliff hanger
They were a buncha storm troopers.
Because Whatever.