Touchable issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bodhi71

Touchable issue

Post by bodhi71 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Well, it seems I broke it again? IDK, ...anyone know what a packet blocker might be, why it might be, and why it may be playing havoc with an ad hoc connection? I don't have my firewall up, s I know it isn't that. Preferences are set correctly according to Touchable's manual. I contacted them twice but no response.

I used it fairly often last quarter without too many drop outs other than longer sessions, but never ran into this. As always any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

As a side note, I was in my mixing class last night, and began to sing the praises of this interface to my professor who was looking to find a solution to mixing within the box, but with a better controller than what he is currently using. After a quick discourse he seemed very interested. So I went home spent several hours attempting to get them to connect without any luck, just to test the responsiveness of the faders. He was willing to buy Ableton just for this feature... he's been recording studio sessions for decades and is a well respected, educator, mixologist, and friend to all who meet him. Kinda bummed I can make this work.

Chris / touchAble

Re: Touchable issue

Post by Chris / touchAble » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Hey Bodhi,

The error message is a bit misleading - it comes up if the app is not able to communicate with the Server - e.G. because a Firewall is up or a packetblocker like 'LittleSnitch' is activated.
Are you on Windows or Mac?

Anything else that you changed regarding your network setup? Did you try setting manual IPs for both interfaces (on the computer & on the ipad)?

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 am

Hi Chris,
I'm on a Mac...MBP2009 I have the firewall deactivated, never installed any kind of packet blocker. I haven't tried manually setting up IPs for the computer but did try to with the iPad. I read to turn off the bluetooth on the iPad if there were any drop out issues, which I did thinking it might be creating an issue and disabled blue tooth on the computer, which didn't make a difference.
I reinstalled the driver, which was an update.... didn't help. Have not done anything to the network. I'm at a loss.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm

have you restarted both devices? that usually smooths things out for me when this happens

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:04 pm

worth a try, thanks.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Restarting them both worked. Thanks!
Maybe this will help someone in the future...