FOREIGN TRANSACTION FE Fee

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

FOREIGN TRANSACTION FE Fee

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm

"Foreign transactions fees are fees that may be assessed when you use your Credit Card to make a transaction that requires a conversion of currency, or a transaction processed outside of the United States (even if the transaction is in U.S. Dollars). You may incur this type of fee when you make a purchase either in person, over the phone or online with a merchant in a country other than the United States. This fee is in addition to any other applicable transaction fees that may be assessed."

So MAX FOR LIVE cost me an additional fee of 8.97

Yay for banks. My ass kinda hurts.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

mojofunk

Re: FOREIGN TRANSACTION FE Fee

Post by mojofunk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 pm

What banks do used to be considered a sin, for which you could be excommunicated and kicked in the face by a holy man. Those amoral scumbag bankers need to die, and be reincarnated as someone who does some honest work.

Just saying.

aknewhope

Post by aknewhope » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:10 pm

I just purchased Ableton Suite 9 and Push. I was charged what Ableton told me they were charging me, and $21.11 extra from my bank(Union Bank). This is super confusing considering the Ableton website shows pricing for me in US dollars. I also know they have a location in the US(Glendale, CA). It seems as though not many people have this problem or care because I am the first post since 2009(haha). At the end of the day, it's not Abletons fault, but they could warn people. I also saved $350 on the sale, so I am not worried too much.
Last edited by aknewhope on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ark

Post by ark » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 pm

FWIW, Capital One credit cards do not have a foreign transaction fee.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:13 pm

John my Citicard didn't charge any additional fees when I upgraded. Isn't cycling 74 from SF?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu