Breaking Bad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Forge.

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 am

I dunno... maybe time passed will count for something, but the way Walt pointed Jesse out under the car THEN told him he saw his girlfriend die and did nothing really makes me think that is beyond reconcilliation... firstly why would he do that other than he's become a truly twisted evil fuck, then secondly, Jesse will surely never forgive him after that ON TOP of the ricin thing.

although I suppose I could imagine a situation where they are somehow united against a common enemy out of pure survival and as a result agree to spare each other

as for why the cook? well they probably get a kick out of having a slave, but maybe they also get a kick out of running a drug empire like that, which Walt clearly did as well

I liked the comment I read somewhere on the internet that Walt starts his new life with new identity and this is all the prequel to Malcolm in the Middle

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:01 am

or like hank said on talking bad, they make a wrong batch of meth that triggers the zombie apocalypse and finally it's just the walking dead prequel (we do see blue meth as a nice wink to BB in the first couple walking dead episodes, so, maybe lol)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:35 am

or he becomes a senator.

My favorite one is- he goes into witness protection and that's when Malcolm in the Middle starts, but that was said before all these wacky shenanigans.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 am

thankyou for demonstrating that my post was tl;dr

:lol:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 am

:lol: Oh Yeah, I missed your post :lol:

I saw that comment on twitter.

I really don't think they have so much of a kick having a slave and cooking after the kind of money they have; they have to finish an order; honor the contract. Even if you could go anywhere in the world it's nice be 100% confident that you don't have to look over your shoulder every now and then.

Anyway I forgot it's Jesse's fault Hank is dead, so I don't think he cares for Jesse anymore, which makes it simpler to go postal.

Why would Walt tell Jesse he watched Jane die? Because He just got his brother-in-law killed. Though the devious part of me thought it might keep Jesse focused enough on getting revenge with Walt so much that he would survive whatever, including killing white power to escape (which takes that job off Walts hands)
Seeing as how manipulative Walt is and that he could've planned every scenario out carefully, it wouldn't surprise me.

I also wouldn't mind it this time if it was all just in Walt's imagination; he's still just staring into blank space at the car wash holding a broom fantasizing all of it, including the cancer diagnosis. :P
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:48 am

I bet Jesse strangles Todd with the cable he's on..
Shadx. wrote: I also wouldn't mind it this time if it was all just in Walt's imagination; he's still just staring into blank space at the car wash holding a broom fantasizing all of it, including the cancer diagnosis. :P
reminds me of this:

trevox

Post by trevox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:03 am

shadx312 wrote:I also wouldn't mind it this time if it was all just in Walt's imagination; he's still just staring into blank space at the car wash holding a broom fantasizing all of it, including the cancer diagnosis. :P
Or even better, Patrick Duffy wakes up in a new episode of Dallas!

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:03 pm

I think Walt knew the police were monitoring the call when he called Skyler so he went over the top with being abusive trying to make it seem like she was threatened into helping him so the police would go light on her for her involvement.

trevox

Post by trevox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 pm

beats me wrote:I think Walt knew the police were monitoring the call when he called Skyler so he went over the top with being abusive trying to make it seem like she was threatened into helping him so the police would go light on her for her involvement.
That was totally the intent of his call...

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 pm

And she understood that that was the intent.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:20 pm

totally -- that call was to help Skyler by making Walt sound like the abusive, villianous criminal husband who made a victim out of his wife. he's crying through the whole thing, but talking like a comic book villian at the same time. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not, because my roommate was like "oh, maaaybe" when I said this.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 pm

mholloway wrote:I thought it was obvious, but I guess not, because my roommate was like "oh, maaaybe" when I said this.

I thought I might have stated the obvious there…but then there are people like your roommate. :lol:

I also figured Walt would dump Holly somewhere but still a nice desperate panicked moment that he would grab her in the first place.

I haven’t watched too many series through their conclusion but I’d say this is the best I’ve seen because they aren’t rushing it or sloppily trying to tie up loose ends. They could have nicely pinched it off last week with Walt’s arrest but they’re still going and keeping it interesting.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Beats, even I could tell it was obvious. Just sayin
And that wifey understood halfway through the call.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm

:x

Maybe I should have mentioned the phone call more as great writing than “did you pick up on that?”

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 pm

yeah, you wouldn't want all us virtual people on the internet to think you'd dropped the ball for 20 seconds there. ;-)