Using Live with Logic

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Phonon

Using Live with Logic

Post by Phonon » Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:14 pm

I've got a couple of different questions at the moment. The first is, how exactly do I get Live running withing Logic via ReWire? I've followed the instructions in the manual addendum (created the txt document and added the options), but when I launch Live after launching Logic I get a message that says Live is experiencing a Rewire problem and will not work properly. Moving beyond that, I still don't see any Live channels available for ReWiring into Logic. All that I see are Reason L, R, and 1-40. Live will start in sync with Logic, but there's no way for me to route it's audio into the Logic mixer.

Here's the second part:

I have two separate soundcards on my system, a Gina and a Korg Oasys. The Oasys gives your system a couple of internal virtual MIDI ports, kind of like Hubis Loopback Device. I can't figure out how to set up Logic to run along side Live using these tools. My idea is that I can run Live through the Oasys card, and Logic through the Gina card while slaving Logic to live via MIDI clock through the Oasys virtual MIDI port. I have the feeling that I'm missing something that's buried in a few menus down in Logic, but I really can't find it.

Does anybody know how I can get either one of these options up and running? Or better yet, is anybody doing the latter of the two?

brainray

Using Live with Logic

Post by brainray » Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:50 pm

Phonon wrote: I've got a couple of different questions at the moment. The first is, how exactly do I get Live running withing Logic via ReWire? I've followed the instructions in the manual addendum (created the txt document and added the options), but when I launch Live after launching Logic I get a message that says Live is experiencing a Rewire problem and will not work properly. Moving beyond that, I still don't see any Live channels available for ReWiring into Logic. All that I see are Reason L, R, and 1-40. Live will start in sync with Logic, but there's no way for me to route it's audio into the Logic mixer.
If Live give a Rewire error, I guess you don't have the actual version of Rewire installed on your system. Go to the Propellorhead site and take a look for the most recent version.
The Live outs may show as Reason inputs (I'm on Mac, so I can't exactly tell what you see).

Best

Ray

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:25 am

Hi Phonon,

- Which version of Logic are you using? Current versions of logic just support 128 ReWire channels overall.
- If you don't write any "LiveOptions.txt" file you should see 16 channels of Live. And 64 of Reason. Do you have other ReWire slaves?
- If you write "-ReWireLogic" in the "LiveOptions.txt" file the message box with the ReWire problem at start up of Live will disappear. But it must be written exactly like this (case sensitive).

Please send me your email address, so I can support you directly.

Regards, Bernd
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

Phonon

Post by Phonon » Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:02 pm

I sent you a private message. Or you can just get my email from my profile.

Thanks.

Ryan